Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easiest way to cut up a layout and form into CSS site

Re: Easiest way to cut up a layout and form into CSS site

Blake - I use Joomla for a number of sites that I've done (UY also runs this format). If you want to see some more examples, see my company website under portfolio.

clicky

I have a couple more I need to add that I've done recently.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

if you can afford to buy it, there's a nice program that takes photoshop layers and makes clean css and xhtml docs for you. so all you have to do is make your site in photoshop like normally, using specific guidelines naming layers and giving them certain little tags......it looks very easy and strait forward. i haven't used it yet but there's a trial version if you want to give it a try.

the software is SiteGrinder and the site is www.medialab.com/sitegrinder

i'd like to give it a try but i use content management systems for my websites and i haven't seen how well sitegrinder would work with cms yet

anyone gives it a try, let me know how it works out for ya

boo to these automated css layout tricks, puts me out of a job, ha.

i'd be game to try that one out, see how it works. but for my websites anyway, i like coding it myself and giving meaningful names to the classes and ids...makes going back for future edits so much easier.

yeah i know what you mean. i too like having things named a certain way so it makes it easier to go back for future edits when needed. i'm guessing maybe you could let the program write things initially and then go back and do some customizing to the xhtml code and the css. i don't have a whole lot of css knowledge so it helps me sometimes to have something already made to start with and customize it from there. most of the time i just start from scratch cause its easier than finding something that does what i want. this program might help me get a good base to work from

hmm, maybe be able to try that out, however how my site is layered i dont think it would work. however i think ill end up cutting up the layers over break and try to make my own CSS layout and see if it works, i need something to put on my business cards for a site.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12