Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Duty Transfer Case Mounts

Super Duty Transfer Case Mounts

As you have probably already discovered, off roading places heavy abuse on many parts of your truck that don’t get abused when your truck is driven “normally”. One of such part is your stock transfer case mount. This soft rubber and steel block bolts between your transfer case and your transfer case cross member, and has a tendency to do one of two things when you are wheeling your truck. It will either flex far to much letting your shifter hit things in the cab, or even worse, the rubber will rip right in half! So now you’re in the middle of a trail, in the middle of nowhere, with a transmission/transfer case that is just flopping around, now what do you do?

To help you avoid such a situation, 4x Innovations has created the first true super duty transfer case mount for Toyota trucks! In this new mount the soft, weak, stock rubber portion of the mount is replaced with quality Energy Suspension Poly round bushings. These bushings will not split and fail on you, eliminating such worries associated with stock mounts. Your new mount comes with thicker steel plates that are laser cut and CNC formed for the best fit possible. This mount is a direct replacement and even includes all needed hardware. You can even run this mount with after market cross members that reuse the Toyota rubber mount.

As if all that wasn’t enough, there’s another trick feature to this mount. If you need remove your transfer case or transmission you now only need to remove two bolts from the bushings to pull the cross member down, not the 4, hard to get to, bolts that engage in the cross member.

Get the strongest mount available for your rig today for just $85 including black died zinc plating! This mount fits all 79-95 Gear drive transfer cases and 82-95 4 cylinder cross members and the Inchworm Tacoma Lefty Case. To order please either contact us or click over to 4xInnovations.com and use the online shopping options.

Edit, new photos below! 11-16-07
    [size=10pt]4x Innovations - Quality Custom Toyota based tube products at a fair price[/size]<br /><br />Check out the 87 Runner trail rig.<br /><br />-Adam-

Re: Super Duty Transfer Case Mounts

Oh man, this is tempting since I had to drill out one of those stupid allen bolts in my Budbuilt crossmember last weekend. Let me see if I can come up with some scratch. Looking forward to seeing the installed pics.
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

Quote Originally Posted by amgraham
    Looking forward to seeing the installed pics.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Thanks guys. I'll be getting the pics tomorrow and will get them up ASAP.
    [size=10pt]4x Innovations - Quality Custom Toyota based tube products at a fair price[/size]<br /><br />Check out the 87 Runner trail rig.<br /><br />-Adam-

does it bolt in like a normal mount would? i may have to get one, mine is making my case flex too much underneath there.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Well, after getting my exhaust installed today and noticing how much my shifters move around I've decided to go ahead and order one of these to install while I have my skids and stuff off. I'll let you guys know how I like it.
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

Looks Good Adam! solid design, glad to see these finally finished up!!
    I know we had talked about them back earlier. Can't wait to see some installed pics, and I'll probbaly be picking one up when i FINALLY get an order into you. lol.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    does it bolt in like a normal mount would? i may have to get one, mine is making my case flex too much underneath there.
    Yes these are a complete bolt in mod! It took me a half an hour to install the first one, and that was because I was being slow, and stubern not wanting to remove the tiny factory skid plate my pick up still had on it.

Quote Originally Posted by amgraham
    Well, after getting my exhaust installed today and noticing how much my shifters move around I've decided to go ahead and order one of these to install while I have my skids and stuff off. I'll let you guys know how I like it.
    It went out this morning! You have the tracking number in your email. Thanks!

Here's a kind of crappy pic of the real thing!

I know there may be some concern over these mounts introducing more vibration into the truck, but these are great bushings, and there is not actually much vibration at the mount. Jamie brought this up when he was over this weekend, so we hoped in my truck for a drive. My 4 runner is running the same style of mount/bushings, but it also has 2 inch round bushings for motor mounts. I'll let Jamie toss in is .02, but I believe he felt it wasn't as much as maybe expected, and more than acceptable.

I've got to get a picture of the unit under the truck, it bolts right up, just like a stock one would. And it bolts in ALL of the places you would use this shaped OEM unit!

I wish I could get one, those look good, but it wont fit. Happy buying to everyone that can.
    96 4Runner SR5 B&amp;M trans cooler, H.I.D conversion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast