Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cheap source for On Board Air

Re: Cheap source for On Board Air

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    What is expedition travel ? Is that where you go to someplace everyone else has been, or is that someplace no one has been. Just curious ? I am not one to go making trails anywhere I can, that wouldn't be friendly, besides it makes the backwoods look used. How many times do you air up and down on an expedition ? Is it like Survivor where you strand a bunch of people in a place where people have lived for thousand of years ? Oh yeah it cost me $8 to fill my 20 gal tank, and I can air up 30+ tires from 0 to 32 PSI in no time after I used my impact to put them on.
    Good question.....Expedition travel is when you leave the city and join the backroads. We don't create trails......we always tread lightly! Many people go deep into Mexico and all over the world. There is alot of trails to discover and explore!It is fun to discover old mining/ghost towns....

Depending on the trail and area....a person could air down about 2-3 times.....If you have a flat or breakdown and need to use air tools......a good compressor is your lifeline!......I pull a trailer.....I have to air up & down 6 tires at a time....

30 / 6 = 5 air ups.......Plus any problems on the trail......I just don't want to run out of co2.....Co2 is great......but when your in the middle of nowhere.....Having an compressor is priceless!

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers!!!<br /><br />~Nic~<br /><br />Sierra Expeditions<br />www.sierraexpeditions.com<br />1-866-507-4254<br /><br />Slightly Modified 2001 Dbl Cab Tacoma<br />Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer

Re: Cheap source for On Board Air

Thanks for the clarification. I use a AC compressor as well as my 20 lb CO2, cause my die grinder blender takes alot of air. Nothing is better than a Margarita by the campfire.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234