Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap source for On Board Air

Re: Cheap source for On Board Air

That compressor is a godsend, I used it today when airing back up and it took me about 15 minutes to go from 20to 44 psi between switching to the other tires and using some jumper cables to extend it so I can reach my rear.

I thought for 50 bucks it was alot, but its so worth it!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Used mine yesterday.... worked pretty well for the 1st tire, but it sure went slow for the next 3.

265/75/16, 16 to 34 psi

i'll be piecing together a CO2 system and just keeping the MV50 for backup.

Link to Q89

Anyone running the Q89?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

My only beef with the masterflow is that when I try to fill up my portable air tanks. It blows fuses like crazy under such a load. I'm using a 25 amp fuse, but i doubt that's the problem. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bob200587
    My only beef with the masterflow is that when I try to fill up my portable air tanks. It blows fuses like crazy under such a load. I'm using a 25 amp fuse, but i doubt that's the problem. Any ideas?
    FWIW mine came with a 30 amp fuse...

I just bought one of these the other day at 4Wheel Parts Truck Fest. A couple guys said they used it and was great. Cant wait to try mine out. I wont have much need for it but when I do it will be nice.

i had one of them MV-50s, it was junk, took about 10 min per tire, and only lasted about 2 months.
    when i bought it, they was $25 each so i got 2, and sold one to another guy (for $25) his is still working, lol go figure, they are slow, very slow, but most of them do work.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

like i said...it is a cheap source for OBA. If I have a flat out in the middle of now where, 10 min time is nothing. Obviously if I were going for speed, I would have bought something that cost 10 times as much.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

sorry man, when i read OBA, i thought ya meant for airing up on the trail. sorry
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

well that too! LOL. No need to apologize.

I have patience, and I used this thing before. From 22PSI to 33, it took about 4 min per tire IIRC.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast