Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap source for On Board Air

Re: Cheap source for On Board Air

Anyone seen a Duty cycle number on that thing?

when i first got it, after reading that it was somewhat fast, i got mine, and found out, out here, up in the mountains, at 10,000ft. or higher, they just aint worth the wait.
    I have seen someone put two together, it seememd to work pretty good, but havent heard from him in a year.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I have one of those compressors, and so does my friend. I've also got a 4-air system that I built (header, hoses, and locking tire chucks that allows me to connect to all four tires at the same time for re-filling). I installed a quick connect on a spare port on my header so that we can connect both compressors in parallel. That makes it real quick to re-fill the tires. I'd say it re-fills all four tires from 16-18psi back up to 32-34psi in approx 5 or 6 minutes. With only one compressor running, it takes around 8 or 9 minutes to re-fill all four tires.
    2002 4Runner, Auto-A340F, 3.4L, 4.30 Gears<br />TJM T15 Front Bumper &amp; Warn M8000, 4xInnovation sliders, Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift, Toytec LCA Skids, Tundra Brake Upgrade (231mm), Extended rear diff breather,&nbsp; Deckplate Mod, Andymod, Dual batt setup with Optima blue top aux battery, Hardwired 1000W inverter, Aux fuse box, Full time power to 12V plugs, Yaesu FT7800R Radio, &quot;4-air&quot; system for airing up/down tires.<br /><br />2004 Camry LE - stock (and will stay that way)<br /><br />1993 4Runner has been sold

Quote Originally Posted by bob200587
    My only beef with the masterflow is that when I try to fill up my portable air tanks. It blows fuses like crazy under such a load. I'm using a 25 amp fuse, but i doubt that's the problem. Any ideas?
    Hey Bob, where did you find one of these at? Been looking for one.

i got one of those tornado III setups last weekend. its 100% duty, hooks up to the battery with jumpers..and works quite well. 4 35" tires from about 12~14psi to about 34psi took less than half an hour. about 6 minutes/tire...which is good enough for me as we usually shoot the sh!t when we're airing up anyway...at a station or trailhead.
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

How about a bicycle pump?

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Mine to dead after 6 months of use.....It was a great deal!!!!

I than got an Extremeaire Air Compressor which kicks butt!....I have not looked but since!!!
    All four tires aired up in 7 minutes (15-35 psi w/5 gal tank). Great compressor hands down!!!!!

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...t_detail&p=173

Cheers!!!<br /><br />~Nic~<br /><br />Sierra Expeditions<br />www.sierraexpeditions.com<br />1-866-507-4254<br /><br />Slightly Modified 2001 Dbl Cab Tacoma<br />Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer

You can still get a CO2 tank for less at a weld supply, and run air tools. You can also mod your AC pump and fill from flat to 32 psi in under a minute. 30 amp draw I hope your using thick wire 10 or 8 ga otherwise the wire gets hot and so does the fuse then pop. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    30 amp draw I hope your using thick wire 10 or 8 ga otherwise the wire gets hot and so does the fuse then pop. Just my 2 cents.
    You talking to me???

Oh ya!!.....I used 4 ga wire......i go big on all my stuff......You can't take a risk with expedition travel!!!

CO2 is also a good option....but with expedtiton travel.....long trips can kill a bottle......I love my Extremeaire!!!...All the air i need...plus i don't have to spent time and $$$$$ going to get it filled!

Just my 2 cents!
    Cheers!!!<br /><br />~Nic~<br /><br />Sierra Expeditions<br />www.sierraexpeditions.com<br />1-866-507-4254<br /><br />Slightly Modified 2001 Dbl Cab Tacoma<br />Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer

What is expedition travel ? Is that where you go to someplace everyone else has been, or is that someplace no one has been. Just curious ? I am not one to go making trails anywhere I can, that wouldn't be friendly, besides it makes the backwoods look used. How many times do you air up and down on an expedition ? Is it like Survivor where you strand a bunch of people in a place where people have lived for thousand of years ? Oh yeah it cost me $8 to fill my 20 gal tank, and I can air up 30+ tires from 0 to 32 PSI in no time after I used my impact to put them on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast