Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: adventure trailers, maybe pulling the trigger on one soon if I can

Re: adventure trailers, maybe pulling the trigger on one soon if I can

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...?t=7833&page=2

$3500 with the tent! Great deal. If you are trying to build your credit, you could join a credit union and do a personal loan for it. It would be even better if you could get at least 1/3 of the money cash for it. Who knows the guy may even cut you a better deal
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...?t=7833&page=2

$3500 with the tent! Great deal. If you are trying to build your credit, you could join a credit union and do a personal loan for it. It would be even better if you could get at least 1/3 of the money cash for it. Who knows the guy may even cut you a better deal
    dont credit unions pull like 20% interest rates?

that trailer is sweet esp for 3500.

could paint it black, get some new wheels and firestones and ready to roll.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Hey blake, if ya can't afford it don't buy it man. Honestly speaking, though it's fun and will be a great opportunity to have, I'm not sure if it's wise to take out a loan to get a trailer. Wow valuable can the trailer be that it's worth taking out a loan for? Since you're exploring solo, you should be able to cram everything in the 4runner no?

Just like building your 4runner, you don't want to skimp on the cheap stuff nor do you want to just slowly get parts for it. You'll want to do it right the first time and that will either cost a lot of money (i.e. buying one) or build one yourself which will take a long time to build (potentially since you don't know how to weld). I'd say hold off on this vision and do the best you can by surviving with just the 4runner. If you need additional space, look into alternative solutions such as cargo boxes above (yak and thule) that can store all of your sleeping/clothing/light gear. I'd say that would clear up a lot of room in your cabin so you can store other equipment and materials.

The convenience of having a trailer and the coolness factor are awesome but the cost prob out weights the reality of it for the most of us. Heck I've been lurking at trailers ever since I went to Moab in 04 and still haven't picked one up because I know it just doesn't add up for me right now.

So keep the big picture in mind and definitely think about this one. Not trying to say don't do it but just giving you some alternative options while you're in the "planning" phase.

Btw my first post stands get the green!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    Hey blake, if ya can't afford it don't buy it man. Honestly speaking, though it's fun and will be a great opportunity to have, I'm not sure if it's wise to take out a loan to get a trailer. Wow valuable can the trailer be that it's worth taking out a loan for? Since you're exploring solo, you should be able to cram everything in the 4runner no?

Just like building your 4runner, you don't want to skimp on the cheap stuff nor do you want to just slowly get parts for it. You'll want to do it right the first time and that will either cost a lot of money (i.e. buying one) or build one yourself which will take a long time to build (potentially since you don't know how to weld). I'd say hold off on this vision and do the best you can by surviving with just the 4runner. If you need additional space, look into alternative solutions such as cargo boxes above (yak and thule) that can store all of your sleeping/clothing/light gear. I'd say that would clear up a lot of room in your cabin so you can store other equipment and materials.

The convenience of having a trailer and the coolness factor are awesome but the cost prob out weights the reality of it for the most of us. Heck I've been lurking at trailers ever since I went to Moab in 04 and still haven't picked one up because I know it just doesn't add up for me right now.

So keep the big picture in mind and definitely think about this one. Not trying to say don't do it but just giving you some alternative options while you're in the "planning" phase.

Btw my first post stands get the green!
    yeah im going to try and keep this in the back of my mind, i dont want to rush into anything just yet.

Yeah, Lance makes a good point.

I have both the fab skills and money to build a trailer, but won't. Its just not worth it for me. A platform in the back of my runner is going to be all the sleeping space I need, and I'll be able to drive my truck fully loaded anywhere on any trail.

One last thing, where will you park it? You're in the dorms right now, do you really want a trailer that nice sitting out in a parking lot where a bunch of drunk idiots can get their paws on it?
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by AxleIke
    Yeah, Lance makes a good point.

I have both the fab skills and money to build a trailer, but won't. Its just not worth it for me. A platform in the back of my runner is going to be all the sleeping space I need, and I'll be able to drive my truck fully loaded anywhere on any trail.

One last thing, where will you park it? You're in the dorms right now, do you really want a trailer that nice sitting out in a parking lot where a bunch of drunk idiots can get their paws on it?
    yeah that was my really big concern was where i could keep it, and hellllll no these fools out here wont even be able to put their pinky on it.

hopefully ill have a house by next semester.

Dang I need to take a welding and fab class

Blake,

I too am looking at an expedition type trailer. Currently, I am deciding on which one. The ones that I am considering are either the Adventure trailers or the Outlanders. Robert Shepard is a nice guy, and He is quite knowledgeable as well. Here are some pics he sent me awhile back.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

BWJ
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

Blake, check out this thread on expo:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...d=1#post127345

Who knows maybe you could approach him with an offer once he gets pics up.
    My signature

AHHHHHH 80 PER M416? THATS INSANE

ill triple his profits for 240 for one of the trailers if hes up for it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12