Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adventure trailers, maybe pulling the trigger on one soon if I can

adventure trailers, maybe pulling the trigger on one soon if I can

well the time has come for more storage space, a tent, and the ability to go anywhere and everywhere I could dream of with my expedition travels.

been debating a trailer now and AT has a sick chaser setup with a lot of options, though they can get expensive, its well worth it.

pictures

look at the trailer closely on this one, it just flipped over due to a mistake on the drivers part, well the fender is a little banged up, but as you can see the inside didnt even move

[img width=800 height=596]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/MVandG/HPIM0988.jpg[/img]

same trailer new paint and fixes

[img width=800 height=596]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/MVandG/New%20Chaser%20as%20Delivered/HPIM1099.jpg[/img]

I did a price with a silver metallic

Marty one of the guys there told me not to go with black but i think black would be cool with a silver truck.

still not sure what options i want at the current moment

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: adventure trailers, maybe pulling the trigger on one soon if I can

dude get a green one so I can use it afterwards

but in all seriousness, get the silver man! make it match it'll be sweet!!!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

how much are these and how does a college student afford one? I must have been working the wrong jobs through college man!

Having been involved with an expo trailer build, and seeing the Adventure Trailer's, I'm not impressed. I saw the green one you've got pictured in person, and I have to say, it was not what I was expecting.

The craftsmanship was excellent, as was the design. You'll be happy with the purchase.

For me, in order to get what I'd want out of one of the AT's, I'd be paying in the 15-20k range, if I was lucky. The green one was 12k, and it barely had what I'd want in a trailer.

Now, the suspension is out there, top of the line, can't beat it. I just figured, its my camping gear, it can get rattled.

Anyway, you'll be quite happy with the product, you won't be able to break it. Don't expect to be blown away either.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

well, im gonna strip it down some as he came back with another quote that hit around 9k, no way i can pay that much, but he was putting down 250 a wheel for the 5 stars, and I can get em for roughly 50 a wheel,

I would build my own trailer, but I have no fab skills, I have no idea what I would do about the suspension and no time to be honest.

Still up in the air but I really want a trailer pretty bad.

Where and where did you get those pics?

That's Mike - the guy I went to Moab with in May. He didn't have that trailer then.

Have you checked out www.tentrax.com ? The Tentrax trailers are less expensive, but aren't quite as big.
    ~Jamie<br />2000 TRD 4WD PreRunner, 3.4L V-6, Rear Locker,<br />TRD Gen. I Supercharger, URD Fuel Kit, Hayden 679, <br />IPT Valve Body Upgrade, Deckplate Mod, Airaid MIT, <br />URD 2.2&quot; Pulley, TRDOLMAN Magnaflow Exhaust, <br />Inchworm &quot;Lefty&quot; T-Case, FROR Twin Sticks,<br />DR CoilOvers, Camburg UCA&#039;s, 32 x 11.50 STT&#039;s, <br />15x8 AR Teflon Mojave&#039;s, Demello Sliders, Demello Skid-Plate,<br />4xInnovations Front Bumper, and Tailgate / Spare Carrier<br />...and a lot of other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    I would build my own trailer, but I have no fab skills, I have no idea what I would do about the suspension and no time to be honest.

Another option is to get a trailer that is very capable stock and start adding to it. This way you could probably buy something outright without financing.

If you were to go with a M416 trailer, Adventure Trailer sells a kit to transfer their suspension over to it. I believe it will also transfer over to the canadian M101, but I think that it needs a little more fab work. This has been something that I have thought about, but I have been pretty happy with my leaf spring setup on the m416. It would be pretty slick though.

Granted at this time, I don't have a lockable hard top for my trailer, but the cargo cover works very well and I have NO debt in my trailer. Eventually it will be a fully built expedition trailer that is built how I want it. At that point, I don't think I will have saved much money over buying an AT, but no debt and it will be a one of a kind.

The AT's are great though and Marty from what I've seen on Expo, is a great guy with great customer service. He even helps those of us out who are building their own trailers. I saw at least one at Pismo, they are nice! The trailer you are looking at, are you getting the tent as well?
    My signature

There's a NICE M416 Trailer on eBay right now for $500. If I had the money, I might would buy it and start building it up.

...but I don't have the money...
    ~Jamie<br />2000 TRD 4WD PreRunner, 3.4L V-6, Rear Locker,<br />TRD Gen. I Supercharger, URD Fuel Kit, Hayden 679, <br />IPT Valve Body Upgrade, Deckplate Mod, Airaid MIT, <br />URD 2.2&quot; Pulley, TRDOLMAN Magnaflow Exhaust, <br />Inchworm &quot;Lefty&quot; T-Case, FROR Twin Sticks,<br />DR CoilOvers, Camburg UCA&#039;s, 32 x 11.50 STT&#039;s, <br />15x8 AR Teflon Mojave&#039;s, Demello Sliders, Demello Skid-Plate,<br />4xInnovations Front Bumper, and Tailgate / Spare Carrier<br />...and a lot of other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SAR_Squid79
    Where and where did you get those pics?

That's Mike - the guy I went to Moab with in May. He didn't have that trailer then.

Have you checked out www.tentrax.com ? The Tentrax trailers are less expensive, but aren't quite as big.
    pictures and story were on expeditionportal.com actually

thanks for that link ill get some ideas from them too.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept

Another option is to get a trailer that is very capable stock and start adding to it. This way you could probably buy something outright without financing.

If you were to go with a M416 trailer, Adventure Trailer sells a kit to transfer their suspension over to it. I believe it will also transfer over to the canadian M101, but I think that it needs a little more fab work. This has been something that I have thought about, but I have been pretty happy with my leaf spring setup on the m416. It would be pretty slick though.

Granted at this time, I don't have a lockable hard top for my trailer, but the cargo cover works very well and I have NO debt in my trailer. Eventually it will be a fully built expedition trailer that is built how I want it. At that point, I don't think I will have saved much money over buying an AT, but no debt and it will be a one of a kind.

The AT's are great though and Marty from what I've seen on Expo, is a great guy with great customer service. He even helps those of us out who are building their own trailers. I saw at least one at Pismo, they are nice! The trailer you are looking at, are you getting the tent as well?
    the idea of a m416 is a nice idea. however I dont know if its possible to finance one. even though I dont have the money in hand, still trying to build my credit up as Im sitting around 755 and hoping to get to around 800 or higher.

if i can, that will be the way for me then. then i can build it up.

with a tent? right now i dont think that will happen, i have a sleeping platform in the back I can use right now anyways and a tent will come later.

and the price on shipping is 850ish i think.

I can give somebody a price sheet, but im gonna take away the tailgate, the tent, wheels and tires (since I know where to get them cheaper and something else

but i am getting a mt45 engel placed in there.

talkin about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

that will reach 1200 by the end of its time most likely

very rusty underneath.

Id love to do that, but im still crunched for space and time and place to work on something like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast