Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your all gonna love this.

Re: Your all gonna love this.

Yes, it should have be void when I got banned. It's not like I can go back in and change it. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

well, the problem with that philosophy is that the "subscription" is in the Paypal system, and is completely seperate from the message board. there's no way other than for them to go into paypal and check to see if a member has a subscription or a one-time setup after they've been banned. that would be a nightmare since they don't have actual names, and the member may not have the same paypal and forum email addresses. this should give you a peek into how that well-oiled machine is run...

i'm not a fan of TOF or how it's run, but i'm 99% sure that this is a mistake (in this case) and there's not much they can do to fix the problem. it's up to the person who subscribes to cancel according to the paypal info that i've seen anyway.
    -andy

I believe they can go into each user CP and disable the subscription on a case by case basis.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

i just looked on one of my vB sites - they need to go into your user information and disable the subscription. If they had their shit together, when they ban people, they should be checking to see if the user was a recurring contributer.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    It should have become void once he got banned, that's what he's getting at........
    Oh, yeah. I completely agree with that.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

good point mike. i didn't know that it was VBB prompting the payments, i thought it was on the paypal side of the fence.

damn, that's really unorganized of them to NOT check that.

hopefully they will use this as a learning experience and develop a procedure for staff/admin to follow when banning members.
    -andy

I sent them another message today and told them that they had 48 hours to respond, If they do not I will escalate it to a dispute with pay pal. They know who I am. I haven't changed my e-mail address, and they pay-pal also know that I was banned. I guess I tried to be a nice guy and give Corey the benefit of the doubt when this all started.... BIG MISTAKE! On my part. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Where's Rocket now??

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Where's Rocket now??
    i think hes actually trying to fix the site now? who knows

i hope to God I didnt check annual payment, i dont think i did.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Hmmm. I intended mine to be a one time contribution for emergency conditions. I don't mind donating to a cause, but I want to control it... I wonder how I would check to see if I stated such. Anyone know how I would check?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast