Thread: Cobra 75 WX speaker problem

Cobra 75 WX speaker problem

My 75 WX is having speaker issues, there seems to be a loose wire or broken connection somewhere. It transmits fine, but I can't hear the response all the time. If I tap the surface of the speaker, it sometimes will work for a short time. But most of the time it is silent.

I opened it up and looked for any obvious signs that something was wrong, but nothing stood out to me.(I was hoping to see a big fat wire unplugged)
    Any ideas?, and bear in mind that there aren't CB shops readily available to me. I think there is only one and I don't think he does any work, just sells radios.
    [size=8pt]1999 Limited 4x4 V6[/size]

Re: Cobra 75 WX speaker problem

You can pick up a external speaker for change to plug into the back of the base unit.

Not a fix, but a solution to being able to hear.

Good idea, I was thinking that after I just discovered the ext.speaker jack on the box under my dash.
    I didn't even know that was there.
    [size=8pt]1999 Limited 4x4 V6[/size]

Shoot Cobra an e-mail about the problem. Their customer service is pretty good in my experience.

My brother had a problem with his speaker and he sent it back to cobra with a copy of the receipt (it was bought on ebay, so he had that in email) and they repaired it and sent it back to him.
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.