Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CB recommendations

CB recommendations

I'm looking for a CB for my 4runner. I've been told to stay away from the handheld type and to stick with the tradational type. This is the one I'm looking at right now:

Cobra 19 Ultra III Citizen Band Radio

Does anyone have pictures of a CB installed where the ash tray is at on the 3rd gen 4runners.

[Edit - Good Times - Thread title clarified from "CB?" to "CB recommendations"]
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Re: CB?

This is a uniden in a 01

THis is the same radio in my Tacoma before I sold it. Just a better pic of it and the mounting and placement it exactly the same.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Re: CB?

i have the cobra 75, its a great CB so far, had it almost a year. i love it. the only problem with it i have is its a bit bulky in my hand. other than that, its great, and the fact i can take it out and put it in another vehicle. i like it and would recommend it to someone else.

personal preference. i dont have alot of room in my dash for a cb, so this was a good choice.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: CB recommendations

COBRA 29ltd
    1990 4 runner <br />5.29 front with Aisin hubs coming soon Aussie locker<br />5.29 rears with TRD limited slip <br />35 x 12.5 x 15 B.F.Goodrich KO&#039;s<br />15 x 8 Micky Thompson Classic II rims<br />Pro Comp stage II 4&quot; suspension lift<br /><br />1955 Panhead Original Hardtail frame and Kick start only<br />Springer front end stock rake <br />Home made Stretched tanks <br />Arlen Ness Hand built rear Taildragger fender tombstone taillight<br />I am the SECOND OWNER did all the work myself<br /><br />1998 flhtc Dresser<br />Stretched tanks <br />Arlen Ness Fat Tail rear fender<br />Arlen Ness custom extended hard bags with my custom exhaust running Thur Nascar Style dual tip out both sides (4 tips total)<br />Stealth Bomber Radar absorbing flat black paint

I have a midland forsale that i put in my truck but it never got used.
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

ttora,

more importantly, buy and tune (if its tuneable) a good antenna. personally speaking, i think that is the more important choice. it is my observation that the whip antennas like the magnetic mount wilsons transmit and receive the best. i myself have a fiberglass firestik which does an adequate job at close range.

Here is mine in the ash tray
    99 Toy 4Runner<br />Retrofitted elocker, lockrite up front<br />4:88s<br />35&#039;s with 2.5&quot; lift<br />Custom front bumper with Milemarker 8k pound winch

Thanks for all the replies and pictures guys . I think right now I'm going to buy a set of hand held GMRS/FRS radio's and still be able to communicate with the CB guys.

I've been advise to stay away from them because they are a pain to us but until I can get everything fiqure out with my vehicle (I have some other plans) they will have to do. I will probable get more use out of them for hiking and camping anyways. Again, thanks guys.

Just call me "T".

as far as i know you cannot use the frs radios with a CB. at least i never have been able to.

i have found that the cb is far superior to the frs radios. both in range and in quality of reception.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    as far as i know you cannot use the frs radios with a CB. at least i never have been able to.

i have found that the cb is far superior to the frs radios. both in range and in quality of reception.
    I've been told you could but maybe I'm mistaken

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast