Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have an iPhone?

Re: Anyone have an iPhone?

my mom has an iphone but doesnt sync it with outlook so i'm not sure how it works with that. she does use it with gmail and it works slick, keeps the emails on the server and gmail knows if you've read it or not. she loves her iphone so far. (its only been a month)
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

Through my research and from what folks have been telling me here and elsewhere, I've decided to wait.

Macworld will likely see some sort of announcement (Jan). All the indicators point to a May/June launch for the 3G version. I found there were some other nice enhancements coming also - let me find the article I found...
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

I was looking at one the other day at the AT&T store and the guy there told me some things that leave me debating on whether to get one or not.

First- I would lose my corporate discount. Apple does not allow discounts to be offered.

Second- no insurance available.

Third- once you lock into the data plan, if you do not like it, tough, your stuck with it.

Fourth- you have 14 days to try the phone and if you decide to return it, there is a 10% restocking fee. I would want to make sure I received service in all or at least 95% of the areas I travel to and through. Currently I do not get service in all areas unless I use my booster.

Fifth- there is no power booster available or planned as far as anyone has been able to tell me.

I did play around with it in the store. What I did see worked well, and the reception was good and clear. It also allowed the person on the other end to hear me quite well. Many of the other phones seem to break up a little with transmission in my area, or so at least with several of the phones I, my wife and friends have.

I'll have to wait and see though, I'm still debating.
    1997 4Runner SR5 4WD / 4&quot; deck plate mod-REMOVED / 01 Tundra Wheels / Cup Holder mod / 285/75/16 Pro Comp AT / SS SYSTEM 1.1 / <br />01 Overhead Console mod

OK - the 3G is finally available. My 3rd Razr is on it's last legs so I will need to make a move soon.

Anyone have a 3G iPhone (or an older version) and can offer some perspective?

I'm curious what you guys are paying monthly too. Right now I'm shelling out around $150 for two phones sharing a 1400 minute plan.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

i do

ill look at my plan's sheet and come back here, hang on.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

ok i get a discount through my employer but i pay 74.99 and get 1000 anytime minutes a month, plus 5000 night & weekend minutes, and 200 sms messages (this is an iphone thing) and i have unlimited data too which is an iphone standard ($30/mo).

the good:
    awesome programs and apps
    great browser and interface
    push email is PERFECT if you need it
    awesome ipod/video interface
    literally all info you could need is at your fingertips

the bad:
    not as good reception as my razr
    bad battery life... especially in Wifi, dont use it unless you absolutely have to.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

i should mention that without my discount this would be 94 bucks a month i believe.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

So the non-discounted $94 a month includes the $30 data? I think I could be pretty close to where I am now I think if this is the case.

Can I get a day out of the battery? Or are we talking that you need to charge it to make it through the day.

yup, thats incl the 30 dollar data plan which you are obligated to include.

you can get a day out of the battery if you dont use wifi and dont constantly sit on the internet in 3g. i have a poker game that likes to eat the battery too but its bc it has full 3d graphics.

on the plus side i noticed it charges pretty quick
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

iphone and blackberry curve > all other cell phones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast