Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electronics wizard's council please....

Re: Electronics wizard's council please....

here we have used these for computer and video displays

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html...t_adv_XSGT3025

or we have a customer who we put this in for he is into combat flying games pretty bad. Worked real good for him

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...el=TH-37PH10UK

there are these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1190678017262

might have to throw down for a HDMI video card to get that picture your looking for as i dont think the 62 has VGA in.

Good luck

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00

might have to throw down for a HDMI video card to get that picture your looking for as i dont think the 62 has VGA in.

Good luck
    Yeah I have my eye on that Sharp, worse comes to worse we save a little bit more and buy it in Jan.

There are DVI->HDMI converters, so all I need is one of those cords because my video card has DVI out. I think HDMI is essentially a glorified DVI plug that also carries audio. I don't need the audio component, because I have Klipsch 4.1's on my computer.

EDIT- A cable like this would work nicely: DVI to HDMI conversion cable at Best Buy
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox

Good luck
    Yeah I have my eye on that Sharp, worse comes to worse we save a little bit more and buy it in Jan.

There are DVI->HDMI converters, so all I need is one of those cords because my video card has DVI out. I think HDMI is essentially a glorified DVI plug that also carries audio. I don't need the audio component, because I have Klipsch 4.1's on my computer.
    I havent always had luck with the DVI-HDMI cord going from computer to display. I actually just tried it on mine the other day. I couldnt get the LCD to show the pic right. It might have just been my Video card, but we had the problem once before too. (didnt give it to much time) Usually we just spec a a display with VGA so there is no worries trying to match the computer res and refresh to the displays native ones. im pretty sure the sharp 64 line doesnt have VGA (sharp website was down last night when i was checking) but i did spec an 82 series the other day to do VGA.

That industrial Pany looks real good i was surprised how good the game looked after we got everything dialed in. Our customer actually found it for us as he looked around a few gamer forums and they where saying to get it. Its all over for around 900.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I havent always had luck with the DVI-HDMI cord going from computer to display. I actually just tried it on mine the other day. I couldnt get the LCD to show the pic right. It might have just been my Video card, but we had the problem once before too. (didnt give it to much time) Usually we just spec a a display with VGA so there is no worries trying to match the computer res and refresh to the displays native ones. im pretty sure the sharp 64 line doesnt have VGA (sharp website was down last night when i was checking) but i did spec an 82 series the other day to do VGA.

That industrial Pany looks real good i was surprised how good the game looked after we got everything dialed in. Our customer actually found it for us as he looked around a few gamer forums and they where saying to get it. Its all over for around 900.
    Unfortunately, that industrial Pany's resolution (1024x720) is far too low for my tastes. I've even been ruling out 720p Tv's and their native resolution is 1366x768. On a screen as big as we're talking, if it's being used as the computer's only monitor, 1080p (1920x1080) is the only way to go IMO. I want sharp resolution!

I'll keep the DVI-HDMI problems in mind, but I don't forsee any trouble. My brother plugs his computer into my parent's 46" Sony Bravia all the time, no trouble. It's probably most dependent on being able to get drivers for the TV that lets Windows know what its working with.
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Does anyone expect prices to move down after Christmas?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    I honestly dont remember what happened last year.

But the '08 stuff came out this summer and early fall. so it wont be because of new models for another 6 months at least.

Well, I'm hoping that prices may fall in post-christmas or new-year sales... but I have nothing to back that up with other than hopes and dreams

More than anything, I'm thinking Best Buy will have more open items after the holidays from returns and such. I'm stuck with Best Buy because I have two $500 gift cards for the place
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    Well, I'm hoping that prices may fall in post-christmas or new-year sales... but I have nothing to back that up with other than hopes and dreams

More than anything, I'm thinking Best Buy will have more open items after the holidays from returns and such. I'm stuck with Best Buy because I have two $500 gift cards for the place
    Well send them to me and free yourself of obligation!
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Well send them to me and free yourself of obligation!
    I'll sell them to ya! Low low price of $525 each! Free shipping!

Brian

Hehe. I knew that was coming.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast