Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USS Nimitz Day Cruise Photos

USS Nimitz Day Cruise Photos

Ryan(Tanto here on UY) knows even though I am in the Navy also, that I have never and may never go on a ship. So he invited(sponsored) me onboard his ship the Nimitz class aircaft carrier the USS Nimitz. Let me tell you that it was no BS blast that left me with nothing but respect for the Sailors aboard and the awesome power of this Ship!

Some of the cruise highlights are the F18 and MH60 flight demonstrations, the real bomb run(lots of dead fish!)sonic boom, in flight refueling, Helo Search and Rescue Swimmer deployment, carrier landings, carrier launching and the general principle of a machine that is almost a 1/4 of a mile long going like a bat out of hell...

The Man! Ryan aka Tanto

The tourist along for the ride

Thanks Ryan for a chance to see what the rest of the Navy does. Very cool stuff.

More pics in another post.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Re: USS Nimitz Day Cruise Photos

________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Good stuff.

How many times did you get lost?

Use to love watching new guys try to find stuff on board when all you gave them was 2-156-1-4.

Carriers are nice, but there's no fun when you hits storms. They are to big to move much. I have been up on the bridge 03 level, and watched green water hit the windows. Fun stuff.

Man i miss that stuff.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Ryan kept a close eye on me. Honestly, I would get lost pretty fast. It all looks the same. I did get a bit more orientated by the end of the day though. Smacked my frickin head one good time though in a ladder well. Too big and uncoordinated for those ship things. Haha.

She was pitching a bit out there. The swells had white caps on them. Not too bad but a little rolling.

Very nice! I do not miss my days on ship, that's for sure. I wouldn't mind a day cruise though especially on a carrier.The flying demonstrations sound like they were great to watch. Very cool!
    My signature

Wow, awesome. Always wanted to go out on a carrier. My dad was station on a boat, can't remmeber what, but it never had a day sail.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

Thats cool Eric. Looks like a blast
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Oh I remember those days..
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Wow that looks awesome! Wish I could have been there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast