Thread: Bob_98SR5's 1998 4Runner SR5

Bob_98SR5's 1998 4Runner SR5

Build Up Philosophy
    The way I've built up my 4Runner reflects the two things I wanted to accomplish from the get go: a mild-to-intermediate capable off-roading vehicle that still maintains good on-road manners. The obvious choice for me was the Bilstein shocks + Performance Products 1" springs combination, a well-proven and popular choice for off-roaders who want the best of both worlds.

I am the third owner of my 4Runner, which speaks volumes of its durability and reliability as a used vehicle. Here is a picture of it when I purchased it from the 2nd owner:

((((insert picture))))

One of the first things I did was to remove the stock running boards, swap in some 99 black fender flares, replace the motorized antenna with a whip antenna, added an Amsoil air filter, as well as building custom tube bumpers using Xterra tube bumpers:

((((insert picture))))

Later, I added larger 32" wheels and lifting the suspension with Bilsteins and Performance Product 1" lift springs:

((((insert picture))))

From there, I achieved 90% of what I originally set out to do. Since then, I installed a complete stereo system and created a bunch of innovative exterior and interior modifications such as the Cupholder mod, the Satoshi grille mod, as well as completely sound deadening my 4Runner:

((((insert picture))))

...but there was one last thing (haha, I always say that) that I needed to do: the coveted Toyota e-locker mod. This one took sometime to economically gather and purchase all the parts under the ever vigilant wife radar (nah, she's cool with it). But once all the parts were gathered, several people helped me build this up including admins Good Times and Robinhood. It was quite a learning experience and it is now operational and ready to go!

((((insert picture))))

Specification Sheet
    Here is a list of all the parts and modifications done to my 4Runner

Engine

Suspension

Armor

Interior Mods

Exterior Mods

Stereo

Electronics/Communications

Miscellaneous

Re: Bob_98SR5's 1998 4Runner SR5