Thread: Glock 22

Glock 22

I purchased a Glock 22 .40 Cal about a year ago. I have ZERO complaints about the gun. It is spectacular. I got it with Tritium Night Sites and have 3 hicap mags.

My next purchase will be a G27 so I can use the mags from the G22 interchangeably.

1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Re: Glock 22

Nice, I LOVE my GLOCK 20, the 10mm round is sweet as sugar.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

you know the saying... worthless w/o pics... :
    -andy

1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    Just curious David, why did you choose the 10mm round? I want you to know that I also like the 10mm round, but they are harder to come by. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    Just curious David, why did you choose the 10mm round? I want you to know that I also like the 10mm round, but they are harder to come by. TJ
    Well, I wanted a nice auto with a good clip that would help out in the woods. I thought of a revolver, but that puts me around a .41 mag or a .44 mag, both are heavy guns unless I go the light route on them. However, the kick back from a ultra light .44 mag would be a bit hard to get off multiple, accurate shots. So, that left me with some auto's to choose from. Well, 9mm isn't going to be the best round against the critters I'd run into here, .40 cal is better, but still not quite there, then I found the 10mm.

I get my ammo from www.doubletapammo.com

They load some really powerful loads for the 10mm, and the hardcasts are exactly what I was looking for, for woods carry.

Far from cheap ammo, but not too much different than .44 mags.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

This is the story on the 10mm as I heard it. The FBI was testing a new caliber for their agent's carry and they found out the they had several manufactures ready to submit bids to them for gun purchase. Smith and Wesson guys were there and noticed that the female agent's were having a hard time handling the recoil of the 10mm. So as any quick witted sales people do the run back to S&W and they developed the 40 cal. and brought a few of those to test for the female agents, the rest is history, and that is how the 40S&W round came to be as well as the 40cal weapons. TJ

I used to have an ultralight 44 mag, let me tell you a secret, I shot six rounds through it. Fire came at least 4 feet out of the barrel and the recoil jambed my thumb each time I shot it. The first round put a blister between the webbing of my hand I had to put on gloves to shoot the other five rounds. The next day I traded it for a Kimber Tactical 45. The ultralight 44 mag weights 21ounces empty the normal 44 mag with same barrel length is 40 ounces empty... If you ever get a chance to shoot one, make sure you have had your Wheeties....lol TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

I heard the exact same story regarding the 10mm from my friend's dad who is a quasi gun dealer/ aficionado. He had 2 versions of the s&w 10mm, a compact I am guessing and a full size.
    It bucked pretty good, but I am a skinny dude and anything over a 40 cal is a challenge for me to shoot comfortably.

The Wiki is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_S%26W

The .40 S&W cartridge debuted January 17, 1990 along with the new Smith & Wesson Model 4006 pistol, although it was several months before the pistols were available for purchase. The .40 S&W evolved from the 10 mm Auto pistol ammunition which had been adopted by the FBI, but turned out to be too powerful for some of the agents, and exhibited poor accuracy when rapid-firing. The 10 mm Auto gave performance akin to the .41 Magnum pistol round and recoil and muzzle blast, especially in a short barrel, were found to be just too much for many shooters. Essentially it was found that a pistol powerful enough for deer was just not needed for the purpose of defense or law enforcement. The FBI started using a lowered charge version of the 10 mm Auto ammunition, a subsonic load often referred to as the "FBI load" or "10 mm lite." Smith & Wesson redesigned the cartridge to make it shorter while maintaining the performance of the FBI load. They also decided to use a small pistol primer, rather than the large primer used for the 10mm Auto. The .40 S&W cartridge quickly surpassed the 10 mm cartridge in popularity and units sold. With the .40 S&W being shorter than the 10 mm Auto and approximately the same length as the 9 mm Luger cartridge, many existing 9 mm Luger pistols could be adapted by their respective manufacturers to fire the new cartridge.
    -andy