Thread: Florida Keys, Key west, Key Largo, Islamorada, Miami, Tampa Bay, and more

Florida Keys, Key west, Key Largo, Islamorada, Miami, Tampa Bay, and more

Well this will be for the summer when i get back to south caorlina mostly. I wanna do a trip mostly on backroads as possible, go through interesting small towns (where I need some advice on that) and other really neat possible places, i wanna hit the keys then back up the western coast line, maybe check out the wetlands. then back in GA ill just hit I75, hit atlanta for a night and then back home to SC.

anybody have advice on roadway usage and what not? places to check out along the way. I know of Ameilia Island and Fernandina beach. i will most likely go there once again, then i wanna probablly hit up St Augustine, but any other good choices? find some hunnies maybe? jk

This will mostly be a camping trip, but I think ill end up staying at some.. hotels as well just to get a refreshment, i think 8 days should be sufficient time. maybe longer depending.

update: plan to do all of the keys, tampa bay, miami, fernandina beach/amelia island, Apalachacola, St. Joe bay and maybe some inland areas.

photos:

islamorada

key largo

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: Florida Keys, Key west, Key Largo, Islamorada, Miami, Tampa Bay, and more

When we where kids me,Mom, my brother and mom's friend went all over down southern GA.
    We went to Jekyll Island, Savannah, There is a house down there somewhere, the guy who built it was caught in the great Chicago fire, had some ungodly number of doors and windows in the place. Remember stopping a this big ol tree. had branches that stretched 3-4 blocks.

Was like 19yrs ago so who knows whats out there now. But if i was to go back i would be looking for these places. they were kind of cool in a historic way and wont be around for ever.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Jekyll is a very nice place, but you have to pay just to get on the island and not much to see besides the old hotel and the surrounding villas, ill prob stop in savannah as its been a while since ive been. Im focusing more on places that I havent been, being the keys, naples, and the western coast line. oh and miami, but that will only be for architectual photography based stuff here. i wont stay anywhere near miami for the night for sure.

I will camp one night in the keys and the other 2 or 3 nights will be in these older hotels ive been looking at/villas.

Oh and im buying a damn hammock with stand, im gonna toast my ass on the beach with sleep on a hammock, i dont care

Yep its been a long time since i lived there.
    When we were there you could go thru almost all of the old mansions. We checked out a few played miniature golf and hit the beach.
    What about Okefenokee swamp?
    We had all kinds of fun there. They had alligators bigger than the tour boat. No one but me would stick their hand in the water to see what the temp was like, Wimps.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Do you scuba? There's a neat place called Ginnie Springs north of Gainesville. I did my check out dives there years ago. We did a couple of the springs and did a drift dive in the Santa Fe river.

http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

never scuba'd before but i may try it.

i know im gonna get some snorkeling gear for the keys, and i may fish mosquito lagoon i think its called? south of daytona.

Ginnie is well known for cave diving too - not for the faint of heart!

My first saltwater dives were made in the Keys, some 20 years ago or so...yikes

also anybody know of any sandbars near the beach that have shallow waters for about 300 feet

want to put this into the water so i can sleep

oh and i want the girl too