Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My topper-camper build

Re: My topper-camper build

The door to the camper isn't near big enough to act as a awning. Plus the rain channels don't work worth a crap, at least on my old canopy.

However, something like this could be rigged up very easy:
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

...Apparently, so you got plenty of room lef tto cook, but how about some cook surface?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Well, once you start getting into that stuff, you just need a table. This was the biggest issue for me because the weather can be so unpredictable in montana that I figured it was time to upgrade to something a bit better. Hence, the camper.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

www.bajataco.com
    does a great write-up on a similar build
    [COLOR=DimGray]ChromeKiller | 2001 Tacoma Dcab V6 | Camburg 2.5 &amp; 1&quot; A-Arm | Downey Shackles | Hella Black Magics | 16x8 rockcrawlers | 33&quot; BFG KO&#039;s | Stubb&#039;s Sliders | Fabtech AAL | OASIS air |All-Pro Bumper| Line-X everything

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeKiller
    www.bajataco.com
    does a great write-up on a similar build
    I actually got a couple ideas from him when building mine. I had an old setup that was with my old truck since I was 16, but it was old, so I built a new one!

that awning looks pretty sweet. i see the two poles go into the hitch, so one could just get (or fab) a table that goes into the hitch with two little "pods" for the poles to hook into. not too hard. a buddy of mine has a propane grill that fits in the hitch and I think its the greatest invention ever. good work on the camper thing too oly!
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

David (nice name BTW), I was about to start going in that direction with my old setup, but after some camping trips where we got hit with some nasty rain (MT in summer, it happens all the time) and wind I decided I wanted something a bit more along the lines of an "all weather" camper.

The only downside to the setup I have now is that people don't want to bring tents. If one or maybe two others come a long, it's not a big deal, but when 3 or 4 people are talking about sleeping in there with me, um no. Unless it's all very attractive women, then I say, why not 10?

If it was that easy, I would have 2 of those camper shells...LOL! Just kidding honey(just in case my wife reads this)...

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    David (nice name BTW), I was about to start going in that direction with my old setup, but after some camping trips where we got hit with some nasty rain (MT in summer, it happens all the time) and wind I decided I wanted something a bit more along the lines of an "all weather" camper.

The only downside to the setup I have now is that people don't want to bring tents. If one or maybe two others come a long, it's not a big deal, but when 3 or 4 people are talking about sleeping in there with me, um no. Unless it's all very attractive women, then I say, why not 10?
    Cupholder Mod

Makes me wish I had a tacoma! Very nice.
    2000 4runner | 3.4L | e-locker | TJM T-15 | 305/70/16 maxxis buckshot | powdercoated procomp 1069&#039;s |Lightforce 170&#039;s | Yakima Load Warrior Rack | Warn M8000 | 4crawler 1&quot; BL | Front:OME lift 881&#039;s w/ 1 1/4&quot; daystar spacers + N91S shocks. Rear: OME 891&#039;s w/N86 shocks | Stubbs welding sliders

One option for adding a cooking surface... This is what I did on a similar setup I had in my Excursion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12