Thread: Western States Hospital Ruins

Western States Hospital Ruins

56k turn around now....

spent some time today walking around the ruins of the old Western States Mental Hospital in Lakewood WA. from what i remember the history of This mental hospital it build in 1870s and was self sustaining for over a 100 years. raising cattle and plants for food. the patients worked together on the farm.

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

[8]

[9]

[10]

[11]

[12]

i wonder how many people that threshold has seen....

[13]

]
    [14]

[15]

[16]

[17]

[18]

[19]

its hard to see but the ground of the cemetery was wavy where the ground has settled after the coffins break down.... the leaves are collecting in the lower areas.... its

[20]

no names on most... just a 3 digit number.... there was a few new ones with not only the number but a name as well.

[21]

[22]

[23]

[24]

[25]

[26]
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

Re: Western States Hospital Ruins

how far is that from where you live, love the shots, if you have a chance, go back to it when the sun is about to set or is setting.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Very cool pictures. Kind of reminds me of the old Nike Missile base near the town I grew up in. There were these funky towers you could climb up on and a bunch of bunkers to explore in. Some of the walls were over a foot thick of concrete. We would go there at night...made it more creepy.

its only about 15 mins from me..... i plan on going back and doing some more at dusk / night.
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

looks like something out of half life!!!

great pics man!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

good thing i went when i did..... they are tearing it down. http://www.thenewstribune.com/front/...ry/255039.html its really sad to see a piece of history like that get destroyed.