Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Climate Change - Human Induced or Not?

Re: Climate Change - Human Induced or Not?

When the earth's climate reaches the ability to spontaneously melt chocolate in the shade, I'll know we are doomed.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    When the earth's climate reaches the ability to spontaneously melt chocolate in the shade, I'll know we are doomed.

I guess we are doomed! To keep chocolate from melting you have to keep it in the fridge in my area....
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

I think everyone would like to know the cause (sunspots, CO2, etc), but something is clearly different now than it has been in the past. I just saw a PBS show on Polar Bears and essentially they said what was making it tough for them was that they used to only have to swim 50 miles to make it from the artic to the top of mainland Canada, but today they need to do a marathon swim over 200 miles to reach the same destination. If you combine that with more violent artic storms which can drown them at sea, alot fewer will make it each year.

Food for thought anyway.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

But then I read this on CBC today, the current cold snap is increasing the amount of seaice.
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...rctic-ice.html
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345