Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another 4th gen rear bumper

Re: Another 4th gen rear bumper

Looks great!
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

Thanks for the compliments everyone. ...there are a few flaws being i was a little rushed on this,(hopefully only I'll notice) but that said, I'm happy with it. As you guys know, it's hard to get stuff like this for a 4th gen.
    Dave<br />06&#039; 4Runner Limited 4WD V8

holy crap!!! thats amazing!!! it looks sooooooo much better!!!

awesome job!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Very Impressive work!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

yeah, that makes me want a forth gen, Great work

NICE WORK!

how thick is the plate? did you add a rear crossmember for the frame?

if not, add at least one, 2 for extra rigidity.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

i appreciate the nice remarks.

I didn't cut the rear crossmember. I notched into it to add the reciever but then reinforced it all behind the crossmember after. The bumper is 3/16" thick and adds to the stiffness of the existing crossmember. My main goal was to try not to have to cut the crossmember off and also get the hitch receiver up for a better departure angle.
    Dave<br />06&#039; 4Runner Limited 4WD V8

job very well done
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by Crozhawk
    i appreciate the nice remarks.

I didn't cut the rear crossmember. I notched into it to add the reciever but then reinforced it all behind the crossmember after. The bumper is 3/16" thick and adds to the stiffness of the existing crossmember. My main goal was to try not to have to cut the crossmember off and also get the hitch receiver up for a better departure angle.
    nice.

no, you shouldnt cut the crossmember that was there, i meant did you ADD an additional one?? if not, you should. even a piece of 1x1 is fine. just something to help the frame handle hits the bumper will take because the frame will bend before the bumper will, thats for sure
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123