Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello All from Texas.

Hello All from Texas.

Well I just picked up a 2nd generation 4runner today that is from the original owner who bought it in 93, and it's flawless. My first upgrade is to start with a audio system. Any help will be appreciated, As i do not know what size speaker's are required. Once again Howdy, from Dallas!!!

Re: Hello All from Texas.

Welcome to UY. I have a '93 also and love it. Keep it running cool to help with the headgasket issues.
    My signature

Slosurfer, Will there still be problem's even after the recalled gasket is serviced? Are there aftermarket companies that make better gasket's or is it a Toyota spacific iteam? Thank's again Chris.

Welcome to UY!

Can you guy's tell me which aftermarket brand's there are out there for 4runner's? Id like to start looking for leveling spring's,bumper's, and alot more mod option's. But i don't know which off road shop or company to start with. If there's a site or a must get catalogue please let me know. Thank's.

Quote Originally Posted by freefallmarine
    Slosurfer, Will there still be problem's even after the recalled gasket is serviced? Are there aftermarket companies that make better gasket's or is it a Toyota spacific iteam? Thank's again Chris.
    There can still be problems with them, especially if the recall was done do to it actually blowing the headgasket. Those that had it done before any problems arose seem to fair better. Either way staying on top of the cooling system seems to help. I don't remember off hand about the gaskets, but I know that http://engnbldr.com/ is highly regarded for getting the parts to do it yourself. I don't remember if his kit has the gasket or not. I have not had to do mine (knock on wood), but I have only heard good things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by freefallmarine
    Can you guy's tell me which aftermarket brand's there are out there for 4runner's? Id like to start looking for leveling spring's,bumper's, and alot more mod option's. But i don't know which off road shop or company to start with. If there's a site or a must get catalogue please let me know. Thank's.
    I'd start with the vendors here. I know wabfab has some stuff for ours, toytec may have stuff for 2nd gens but I'm not sure. Since our vehicles are a little older, you will find that you have to shop around more to find stuff, instead of finding a one stop shop. Sierra Expeditions is also a great place for all your camping gear and many aftermarket parts also (lights, etc...) Let us know more what you want and someone can usually point you in the right direction. Another good thing to do, peruse the "garage" section and see what others are running. It also helps to see what you want your rig to look like and how it performs.

Are you still in the Marines? Semper Fi
    My signature

Hey where in the dallas area are you? I'm from Allen but I'm up at school in Utah right now.

Almost forgot, welcome to UY!
    -Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

Slosurfer,OU-Rah!!! Thank's for all your help! Im going to hit the garage after this post. Treben, Ive been stationed in Dallas for the last 3 year's, with securtiy force's and l live in Richardson, off 75 and West Walnut.. Great college community!!! I've only had my truck for 2 day's and i love it! Thank's again for all your help!

hey bro what is up man.. im from the rio grande valley.. near brownsville and mexico.. man im like 8 hrs south from you .. hope you have tons of fun with your runner.. i am!
    1991 4runner 4x4 Automatic<br /><br />3&#039;&#039; Jack It body lift, 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud Kings, Prestige keyless entry/alarm, Flowmaster 44 series, H4 H.I.D. Conversion head lights, K&amp;N custom cold air intake, Complete MTX sound system

Jay, Ill see you in March!!! Padre,me crazy!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast