Thread: WTB: 96 4Runner emblems, chrome or black pearl

WTB: 96 4Runner emblems, chrome or black pearl

I have the gold package on my 96 4Runner Limited and would like the black pearl style. If anybody has a set of those or chrome ones I could mod myself I'd appreciate it. PM me if you have any.
    Thanks
    Jason

Re: WTB: 96 4Runner emblems, chrome or black pearl

jason,

you could paint them yourself too. take a look here: http://www.4runners.org/writeups/blackpearl/index.html

i did this mod in 2001. i did not put clear coat on the rear emblem and now it needs repainting. it doesnt look as shiny or glossy and thats all sun damage.

Thanks for the link. Will the black pearl cover the gold and still look good? I wasn't sure so that's why I asked for the original BP or chrome ones.

you need to sand down and primer first. nothing will show through grey primer

Got it. I thought the black pearl paint was transparent for some reason.
    Thanks
    Jason

i have a gold front emblem, came from the grill i pulled and cut apart for the statosi mod. let me know if you want it, its yours for shipping
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sure, the set I may have is missing the front. I know it's gold but I can paint it. My zip is 40222 to check shipping costs.
    Thanks
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i have a gold front emblem, came from the grill i pulled and cut apart for the statosi mod. let me know if you want it, its yours for shipping