Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who inspired you.

Who inspired you.

Who has been the inspriation for the your current vehicle in relationship to modifications?

Ric and xonetruthcrewx are my inspriation for my 4runner but I have a ways to go. Thanks guys.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Re: Who inspired you.

good question

Ric, Runnerup, and probablly Nc994run were some inspiration for mine. Now im just trying to use other overland rigs for ideas to go a little more custom with the smaller things. like landrovers, cruisers etc.. roof racks and small things
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

i remember being very little and wanting a land rover defender, all outfitted with expedition gear.

now, kinda look at everyone's rigs and take what i can, what i like, and what i can modify to my own end. BruceTS's rig is what i would like mine to be in several years.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'd have to say Slosurfer so far, seeing his rig is what made me decide to go the way I did. I'd also have to say axleike or tc on YT because they've done some crazy stuff in their basically stock height trucks.
    -Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

I would say BruceTS has been a primary source of info/inspiration for mine so far. The idea was never to copy his monster although when I needed to replace my Xtra Cab Taco due to my kid situation I looked at his wheeling a 3rd gen as an option other than a Quad Cab Tacoma.

I have also watched doubledown and bighead's closely for ideas.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Wow, I feel special now. Haha.

I cant really say that i had much inspiration for building my rig. I bought the truck just over a year ago and started modding a month or so after. I guess building up vehicles is just what i do. It just comes natural to me. It seems that every vehicle i have built up, i get endless comments on. Right On.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

since I'm still a newb and have not wheeled much I would say the entire SD crew has inspired me in one way or another.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Quote Originally Posted by randver
    since I'm still a newb and have not wheeled much I would say the entire SD crew has inspired me in one way or another.
    yea, just dont let mikey inspire you too much.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

No one person or rig in particular has inspired us. We would decide what mod we wanted to do next based on our experiences out on the trails.

However, the wonderful membership here at UY has definitely been a huge help in answering all of the questions that have come up while building up our rig!

Cheese.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast