Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who inspired you.

Re: Who inspired you.

Scott Brady and FlyingWil.

It's not that I lack imagination, it's just that they have already done everything that I would do...
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

4crawler....
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Too many to count.

Ric, xonetruthcrewx, neliconcept, Bamachem, calrockx, Darren on TOF, and a lot more.

Darren is sort of the inspiration for stepdads runner once he breaks down and lets me have my way with it he he he.....

Fustercluck has inspired me to do some Quality control on my 4runner. unfortunately, no one has yet surfaced to acautlly make me APPLY my inspiration.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Who was the guy on YT who had a 3rd gen all built up in Colorado that he used for his professional photography trail rig? It was a blue-ish sport with dual ARBs....

That rig was a big help to me also. Was his name Darren? He had a web page that listed all his mods also. I Duno
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    Who was the guy on YT who had a 3rd gen all built up in Colorado that he used for his professional photography trail rig? It was a blue-ish sport with dual ARBs....

That rig was a big help to me also. Was his name Darren? He had a web page that listed all his mods also. I Duno
    I believe it was Dareen, he is the only guy I could think of that Had a built up 3rd Gen that was blue. He had teh sport edition model right?

Cool! He still has the web page! This site and info helped out a ton. It has some very good been there done that information with lots of lessons learned.

http://www.mycolorado.org/4runner.html
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Originally it was Wabbit:

I reached approximately this point, with minor differences based on preference (plus more damage since I wheel more than build )

After a lot of wheeling, a couple of flop/partial rolls, and lots of damage I decided to cut mine up more and although wabbit has been cutting his up, now I have have my eye on this awesome rig:

[quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

When I first started, I really liked the look and stance of PAHydrohead over at TOF. Cebby, is he still around? Now I have my own ideas and pull them from many different vehicles and builds.
    My signature

Scott Brady, and Peter Parks have had the single biggest influences on my truck. A lot of it has been my imagination and where I saw improvements in some things others have done, but you can definitely look at my truck and see a little bit of Expeditions West, and Parks Off Road.

The biggest thing I've learned over the evolution of my rig is to do things the right way - the 1st time - don't compromise and cut corners. Ever.
    ~Jamie<br />2000 TRD 4WD PreRunner, 3.4L V-6, Rear Locker,<br />TRD Gen. I Supercharger, URD Fuel Kit, Hayden 679, <br />IPT Valve Body Upgrade, Deckplate Mod, Airaid MIT, <br />URD 2.2&quot; Pulley, TRDOLMAN Magnaflow Exhaust, <br />Inchworm &quot;Lefty&quot; T-Case, FROR Twin Sticks,<br />DR CoilOvers, Camburg UCA&#039;s, 32 x 11.50 STT&#039;s, <br />15x8 AR Teflon Mojave&#039;s, Demello Sliders, Demello Skid-Plate,<br />4xInnovations Front Bumper, and Tailgate / Spare Carrier<br />...and a lot of other stuff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast