Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sending letters to our troops.. a few questions

Sending letters to our troops.. a few questions

I didnt know where to look for such an inquiry, but Id like to send some letters to our fellow service men and women and just tell them what I think of their great service for me and my family and all of us.

Any place I should go through via mediator to send these?

Sorry i this has been beatin to death. Im just sick as beans and too tired to go looking
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: Sending letters to our troops.. a few questions

Let me get you a APO address (no idea what apo stands for it is just what we call an overseas address) for a Specific camp (detention) center in Iraq. The troops there put up with a lot and have some of the longer tours. I know they would love to hear some positive words from those they serve!

________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    Let me get you a APO address (no idea what apo stands for it is just what we call an overseas address) for a Specific camp (detention) center in Iraq. The troops there put up with a lot and have some of the longer tours. I know they would love to hear some positive words from those they serve!

Thanks Eric, I do appreciate it, I have free time here back home when off school, and Id like to write to them, even send them pictures of various photography I may have to comfort them.

I can tell you from experience that it would mean the world to them. Seriously cool that you are thinking of the troops

BTW, bumper looks good.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Awesome, anything i can do, ive been feeling sort of selfish lately and i want to deter that.

Check with the local Recruiters. They should be some what appraised to programs like that.

Or check out the USO.

http://www.uso.org/

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Blake, AWESOME that you are doing this.

Ecchamberlin, could you post that info here for others to do the same? I would like to do so as well.

Thanks.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Okay guys this is from the source. One of my fellow Sailors who is deployed to a refueling station in Iraq with US Army troops.

One thing that was awesome here was packages. The entire base is overwhelmed with care boxes. the stuff we do need is for the Iraq kids outside the wire. We just made a trip last week delivering back packs (school supplies in a back pack) for them. It's called Opperation Backpack. They can send those and mail them to:

LT Mills
    ATTN: Opperation Back Pack
    Base Command Group
    Al Asad, Iraq
    APO AE 09333

I will send you a flyer on your regular email for everything to include in their backpack.

On Dec 19, 2007, Chamberlin, Eric (pops), PO1 wrote:
    >Hey
    >Some of the guys who I off road with want to know how to send some stuff to the troops. Packages must be addressed to specific people otherwise the postal service will not send them.
    >
    >So can you send me your APO so these outstanding troop supporters can send some thing to the troops?
    >
    >I know you are leaving soon so if they need to go to another name at the same APO just let them know about this and let me know the name also if you please.
    >
    >Thanks for any help you can offer!
    >

So the summary of this whole message traffic is that they got enough stuff for the troops. Which is the same situation I saw when I was there also. I Love Americans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Takin Care of us Troops!

I know some of you may be thinking, 'but I want to send something to help the service men and women'. It is however really important to remember what we are there to do, reguardless of what you may hear in the news. Hearts and Minds goes a long way towards making walking the streets safer for us in an indirect way. We do a lot of things for the locals that you will never see in the news and this is a way you can help us do this from state side. So this would infact be helping the Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen on the ground even though the packages would go to the Iraqi children.

Any questions about this, just ask please.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    Okay guys this is from the source. One of my fellow Sailors who is deployed to a refueling station in Iraq with US Army troops.

One thing that was awesome here was packages. The entire base is overwhelmed with care boxes. the stuff we do need is for the Iraq kids outside the wire. We just made a trip last week delivering back packs (school supplies in a back pack) for them. It's called Opperation Backpack. They can send those and mail them to:

LT Mills
    ATTN: Opperation Back Pack
    Base Command Group
    Al Asad, Iraq
    APO AE 09333

I will send you a flyer on your regular email for everything to include in their backpack.

On Dec 19, 2007, Chamberlin, Eric (pops), PO1 wrote:
    >Hey
    >Some of the guys who I off road with want to know how to send some stuff to the troops. Packages must be addressed to specific people otherwise the postal service will not send them.
    >
    >So can you send me your APO so these outstanding troop supporters can send some thing to the troops?
    >
    >I know you are leaving soon so if they need to go to another name at the same APO just let them know about this and let me know the name also if you please.
    >
    >Thanks for any help you can offer!
    >

So the summary of this whole message traffic is that they got enough stuff for the troops. Which is the same situation I saw when I was there also. I Love Americans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Takin Care of us Troops!

I know some of you may be thinking, 'but I want to send something to help the service men and women'. It is however really important to remember what we are there to do, reguardless of what you may hear in the news. Hearts and Minds goes a long way towards making walking the streets safer for us in an indirect way. We do a lot of things for the locals that you will never see in the news and this is a way you can help us do this from state side. So this would infact be helping the Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen on the ground even though the packages would go to the Iraqi children.

Any questions about this, just ask please.
    awesome, ill get some stuff together and send backpacks, man i got so much school supplies left over its ridiculous.
    send em a letter too.

Operation Backpack to Help our Iraqi Troops!

Got the official info for the backpacks if anyone is interested in helping our troops win "hearts and minds" over in the land of sand as we call it. This really does help our troops out!

Operation Backpack

*PLEASE FOLLOW LISTS CLOSELY TO ENSURE UNIFORMITY AND AVOID BACKPACKS WITH FLAGS, ETC. YOU ARE ALSO WELCOME TO INCLUDE ONE “FUN” ITEM NOT TO EXCEED $5.

200 Kindergarten Bags (Ages 4-5)
    • 1 Small Backpack
    • 2 - 80 Sheet Wide Rule Notebooks
    • 1 Coloring Book
    • 1 Box of Crayons (8 pack)
    • 3 No. 2 Pencils
    • 1 Pencil Sharpener (1 hole)
    • 1 Rubber Eraser

350 Primary School Bags (Ages 6-12)
    • 1 Small Backpack
    • 3 - 80 Sheet Wide Rule Notebooks
    • 1 Coloring Book
    • 1 Box of Crayons (8 pack)
    • 5 No. 2 Pencils
    • 1 Rubber Eraser
    • 2 Ball point Pens
    • 1 Easy Reading English Book
    (students start learning English at age 11)

350 Secondary & High School Bags (Ages 12-18)
    • 1 Backpack
    • 5 - 80 Sheet Notebooks
    • 1 Box Color Pencils
    • 5 No. 2 Pencils
    • 1 Rubber Eraser
    • 2 Ball point Pens

MAILING INSTRUCTIONS:

BASE COMMAND GROUP
    AL ASAD AIR BASE - IRAQ
    APO AE 09333

ATTN: OPERATION BACKPACK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast