Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LC coil question

LC coil question

i recently picked up some LC coils for the rear of my 4runner. the colors on the springs are single grey, orange, & white. both are the same colors. going by what sonoran sells in his kits the colors are slightly different. does anyone know if the ones i have are the same or anyone have any information for me?
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Re: LC coil question

maybe a picture will help.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/20005spd/DSC00072.jpg[/img]
    anyone have anything to share?

based on steve's website, he sells matching coils, which i believe are the longer coils of the two (though i could be wrong about that)

so if your coils are both the same length, you should be fine (which those would be because they have the same color codes)

thats my thoughts on it anyway, im sure others will chime in
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'm a little rusty on the whole LC coil thing. First off, I see you have the 9-wrap coils. I have these as well, and I can check the colors for you, but, have to climb up in there and check. Those will give you 4" of lift depending on how old they are. I really like the ride of them by the way. If they came from the same vehicle, they should have a L and R side. The longer one is the one that should go on your drivers side (Tank side). As for the ones Steve sells, I would assume he sells the 7 or 8 wrap coils and not the 9-wrap.
    1996 4x4 4Runner<br /><br />Suspension: 6&quot; Trailmaster/Fabtech Knuckles/Sonoran Steel shocks/coils. Rear LC coils/shocks<br />Offroad: 315/75/16 MTR&#39;s, ARB, M8000, E-locker, sliders, MV-50 compressor, CBI tire carrier, Cobra CB, Kragen HID&#39;s.

The 80 springs that came in my system l kit are Double Purple + Gray + White, they are both the same color code. I would agree that you are all set if you have the same codes on both springs.
    Joe<br /><br />1997 4runner limited<br />Sonoran Steel #1 lift, 1&quot; 4crawler bl, LC wheels, 295 Terra Grapplers, deckplate, satoshi grille, extended rear diff breather...

looking at the back of my truck, i have one of each.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/Lift/DSC01888.jpg[/img]

maybe this is why my right side feels like its sitting low.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

install em, ya wuss
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    install em, ya wuss
    seriously
    Joe<br /><br />1997 4runner limited<br />Sonoran Steel #1 lift, 1&quot; 4crawler bl, LC wheels, 295 Terra Grapplers, deckplate, satoshi grille, extended rear diff breather...

im gonna put them in soon. but i figured while i save for shocks why not ask for some input since the springs have diff colors than what we usually see.

its not a strut, you dont need shocks, just put em in!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast