Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long Travel for 4Runner gen3+ w/o cutting bed

Re: Long Travel for 4Runner gen3+ w/o cutting bed

Looks good! Where'd you get the rear disk brake conversion from?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by strykersd
    Have any video of your 4runner in action? I'm curious to see how this setup works out at the desert! Looks good!
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to feeling the improvement from immersion shock to the bypass myself. I should get some video of it in action hu
    Quote Originally Posted by some_odd_girl
    Nice, I bet that rides SMOOTH.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Looks good! Where'd you get the rear disk brake conversion from?
    www.Trail-Gear.com sells the conversion I use.
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Did you upgrade your master too? Rig looks nice!
    09 FJ 6spd manual<br />01 Tonka-oma TRD <br />Audi RS2 CQ clone<br />98 Audi A4 turbo quattro avant

Quote Originally Posted by PRA4WX
    Did you upgrade your master too? Rig looks nice!
    PRA4WX, Thank you! The FUNrunner is a '96 so it already has the better master vs pre'95's. It is a PIG tipping the scales at 5125lbs but still stops reeeeeeeal good because of all the brake upgrades.

[Front brakes have been upgraded to larger Tundra size S13WE calipers and Stillen dimple/slotted rotors & Stillen pads (much better then the EBC stuff that I previously ran), from there DOT 4 brake juice goes into a proportioning valve, then to a CNC turning brake controller and then to the rear disks.]
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

How much wheel travel does it have? From my experience, any serious travel will bend the sway bar or break the links if it is connected. Appears to be in your pics and the link is bent.

My '99 had about 18" of wheel articulation. I would disconnect the bar on the passenger side to keep from bending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexus
    How much wheel travel does it have? From my experience, any serious travel will bend the sway bar or break the links if it is connected. Appears to be in your pics and the link is bent.

My '99 had about 18" of wheel articulation. I would disconnect the bar on the passenger side to keep from bending it.
    His first post shows the upgrades (rod ends, etc) he did to prevent and issues of bending and shearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexus
    How much wheel travel does it have? From my experience, any serious travel will bend the sway bar or break the links if it is connected. Appears to be in your pics and the link is bent. My '99 had about 18" of wheel articulation. I would disconnect the bar on the passenger side to keep from bending it.
    Are you referring to the stock swaybar or upper/lower links? I don't do any serious rockcrawling where wheel bind has been an issue due to articulation and offsetting traction.
    Upper/lower links have been upgraded to chromolly with heim rod ends to prevent binding as noted by NorCalBorn. Swaybar is stock and has stock bends in it for clearance. Measuring articulation on a 5-link rear-end is so misleading that its not mentioned.
    Thanks for looking and your comments.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123