Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roommates and their wonderful glory

Roommates and their wonderful glory

I'll sum it up. Move into a place with a person met through a mutual friend. Decide to split bills down the middle. No issues, we seem to get along. Live there 2 months, roommate grows tired of place, springs the "I'm moving in a week" on me, conveniently while I'm 1,000 miles away from Bozeman for a week. Due to the renting situation, owner of the house is going to "move in" her stepson and his kid in a week without asking me. Never met stepson, and his kid is 3. I have too many valuables, including guns, to live with a complete stranger and his 3 year old kid. I start frantic search, find a place. Move out, not happy by any means, do a half-assed job of cleaning. $2,000 later, I'm free of roommates.

2 months later (today), I receive a $160 bill from northwestern energy (the bills were in my name) for the old place. Inform my roommate, she informs me that she's not paying because of all the work she had to do to clean the place. I call bullshit. I inform her that I had never asked her to clean. She justifies not paying me due to her cleaning.

So that's the story. The owner of the house left the place a mess when we moved in, never signed a lease of any kind, nor had any verbal agreements. Should I have cleaned the place? Looking back on it, probably, even though I was shown a complete lack of respect by the owner by just "moving in" her stepson without care for my feelings on the matter.

Ok, I'm done venting and I've got a headache.

Comment if you like, but feel free to share other horror stories about roommates.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Roommates and their wonderful glory

Reading the title, I thought you had another bad roommate story. Do you live alone now?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Haha, I guess I wasn't clear enough.

The energy bill was in MY name. I should get $80 from HER!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I hate people like that...I would come out and punch her in the throat for ya if I had any money to get there..
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

I sleep with my roommate so it is worth all the grief I get.

I had this one really annoying roommate who tricked me really good. Within two weeks of meeting we were not only roommates, but a couple. Fast forward 6 years: we've been married for 4 years, a 3 year old son, and a girl due any day now. I'm still waiting for her to start splitting the utilities. This roommate has definately cost me more than $80 dollars in unpaid utilities. It's been totally worth it!

My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    I had this one really annoying roommate who tricked me really good. Within two weeks of meeting we were not only roommates, but a couple. Fast forward 6 years: we've been married for 4 years, a 3 year old son, and a girl due any day now. I'm still waiting for her to start splitting the utilities. This roommate has definately cost me more than $80 dollars in unpaid utilities. It's been totally worth it!

Awwww...too cute

you have guns, yet none of the other parties have holes in their bodies that were not present at the start of this agreement, i say well done.

ive had bad roommates, eh, get over it. youll have more,
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Hey, my roommates are tough too
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

dave, as i said a few yrs back: no roommates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast