Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPod Integration to Stock Headunit

Re: IPod Integration to Stock Headunit

I am about to do the same. How do you like the IPOD2car setup?
    Cupholder Mod

i used a DICE cable. look in 4runners.org for a writeup titled "Ipod integration"

I think I am one of three people on the North American continent who doesn't have an ipod
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Bob,

I checked your writeup. Very informative. I want to do this from a stock stereo unit from my 02. Will it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    i used a DICE cable. look in 4runners.org for a writeup titled "Ipod integration"
    Cupholder Mod

I finally broke down and bought the ipod2car setup from periferal. Once it shows up I will install it. I will let everyone know how it goes.
    Cupholder Mod

Quote Originally Posted by arjan
    I think I am one of three people on the North American continent who doesn't have an ipod
    I'm the 2nd one.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

i was the third one up until last week. I got a new Nano for my birthday.
    Cupholder Mod

Update:

I got the complete Ipod2car setup. This included the following:

The module
    wiring harness
    and a updated cable for iphone and 4th gen Nano (The included cable would work but wouldnt charge.)

So far the stuff is sitting in my office. Its way too cold to install it outside. (-15 degrees).

Cupholder Mod

Sorry for the hyjack,
    Bob- love the site and i have learned so much from it!

For the price of the integration unit i believe i am going to stick with the tape deck adapter..lol
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    Sorry for the hyjack,
    Bob- love the site and i have learned so much from it!

For the price of the integration unit i believe i am going to stick with the tape deck adapter..lol
    i agree with you on that, its not worth the converter unit when you can pick up a VERY decent headunit with ipod capability for under 150.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast