Thread: Formal Letter help

Formal Letter help

I have to write a letter describing to my background investigator as to what happened when I was involved in an accident. I am trying to get the proper heading, but cannot make up my mind as to which one is correct.

name
    Adress
    City, state, zip

Name ABCD of person writing to, et al.

PD
    Address
    City, state, zip

My question is, there will be someone else reading this letter but the person that told me to write it was name ABCD. So by putting et al., that means other people who are involved? Should I just leave the et al out?

Thanks!
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Re: Formal Letter help

Hmm, did he say specifically to write it to him, or to a group of people. If he said, specifically that others will be reading the letter, then I would include the et al.

If he didn't say to write him a letter, but nothing about others reading it (though you may know that others will read it), then don't include the et al.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

well he is my "mentor" in the process. So if anything happens, i have to write about it, send it to him, then he gives it to his superiors.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Then I say nix on the et al.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

nix it

in formal letters, you address it to known parties, if you are copying someone else on a letter directed to one person, you put

cc: NAMEOFPERSON

at the very bottom.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i