Thread: Damn Vandals

Damn Vandals

Well I got out this morning to find my truck in shambles . The windshield was smashed in 2 places, the 2 head lights were broken out, the hood has a huge dent and it's been scratched all around the car. I don't think they missed a bodypanel. Damn ppl even scratched the A and B pillars. Luckily they missed my tails, flares and other windows. On top of all this the idiot insurance agent is trying to tell me that my car is perfectly drivable for the next few days until an adjuster can come and take a look at it. I went and got a rental anyhow and left my car at the shop for the adjust to look at it monday or wednesday. They'll just have to reimburse me once they see how bad the car really is. Anyhow I just wanted to vent, I'll have pics up tmw or sunday as I didn't get any today...too much on my mind. Hopefully they fix it back up and while there at it I might use the opportunity to get a scooped hood and 99+ headlights. Happy Holidays!!!
    &#039;96 4Runner 3.4L, 5Spd, 4x4<br />Tundra/OME Lift, Custom Front/BruceTS inspired rear Bumper <br /><br /><br />Praise the Lifted!

Re: Damn Vandals

Damn man, that sucks!!! Any idea who it was?

I got a busted drivers side mirror, fixed now (thanks JB Weld!), but it sucks. Some high school punks decided it'd be fun. I was home for Christmas a few years back and my brother had made some unfriendly acquaintances (basically pissed some people off) so they decided to get back at him by busting my mirror before my brother ran out of the house at them. They drove off, but in my luck they talked about it the next day at school, and my brother found out about it. Comes to find out that my mom is friends with the parents of the kids who did this.

To say they got an ass reaming is an understatement.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully insurance will cover all of it and you have a small deductable. I'd argue that the smashed windshield is a safety hazzard and force the adjuster to include it......I think he be hard pressed to deny you when it was presented to him that way.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Insurance will be taking care of it and my deductable isn't too ridiculous. I'll have fight with them to cover the rental I have now once they come and see the car. The windshield is in no shape to drive around with it for 2-3 days much less at highway speeds. I forgot a few things in the truck at the shop so I'll grab them and a few pics tmw afternoon. For the time being I'm stuck with an impreza hatch, hopefully I'll get something bigger once the adjuster see's the car.
    &#039;96 4Runner 3.4L, 5Spd, 4x4<br />Tundra/OME Lift, Custom Front/BruceTS inspired rear Bumper <br /><br /><br />Praise the Lifted!

if i ever find the little sob that egged my truck, he better hope the cops get to him before i do, ill have no mercy. all i can say is, hell never be able to throw anything ever again. or hold anything for that matter...

sorry bout your truck. that really sucks man. any idea of who did it?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

sorry to hear that. sucks. let insurance deal with it. hope they are more cooperative.

Since I bought my truck last November...I've gotten... wicked one deep dent (more like small gash, really) next to the cargo window, all the way down to bare metal, no idea how that might have happened. Have another mystery dent above my front driver's side wheel well, another on my bumper, and many door dings all around my doors.

I park on the street, so these things happen due to people not giving an absolute damn about anything, including their own vehicles. Went to my truck yesterday and there's a pretty giant, about 1CM thick, scratch running all the way from my passenger door to the tail-light. Not too deep and doesn't look 'intentional' ; as in, someone was carrying something and it scraped along my truck when they walked by.

* sigh * I feel you completely concerning vandalism. I once caught someone trying to steal my wheel caps ( or whatever you call them ) ...I thought why, for a second ( they're horribly discolored and scratched up ) and promptly dropped them with a boot to the face. Got in my truck, drove home.

&#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.