Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lightforce HID conversion (w/ Pics)

Re: Lightforce HID conversion (w/ Pics)

Cool, The center spot (in HID) with the 2 combo filters looks like a winner. And they look good on the truck too. They don't seem to offer the combo filters in the 240 size.

Can't believe how much brighter those HIDs are and how Dinghy the Halogen looks compared to the HIDs.

I went to order the 50 watt kit the other day but the auction had expired and that seller (the only US based one?) didn't have any more listed. Hopefully they will reappear.

Very thorough job on the mod and the testing. Thank you!
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    Cool, The center spot (in HID) with the 2 combo filters looks like a winner. And they look good on the truck too. They don't seem to offer the combo filters in the 240 size.

Can't believe how much brighter those HIDs are and how Dinghy the Halogen looks compared to the HIDs.

I went to order the 50 watt kit the other day but the auction had expired and that seller (the only US based one?) didn't have any more listed. Hopefully they will reappear.

Very thorough job on the mod and the testing. Thank you!
    Definately need to HID the center spot now. I think that seller is one of the only ones that actually only sells what he has in stock, in fact his listings list how many he has available, so I bet he just doesn't have them in stock right now (the other ones will sell whatever, that is why you will see in the feedback that some get them in 2 days and then all of a sudden it takes 4 weeks for the next person).

Thanks for the feedback, really the aussies have been doing this for awhile so I'm not really doing anything new, other than making it known over here. Plus it keeps me from getting bored and is kind of addicting. Thanks to Lance for his 170 pieces, that is how I was able to get the 240 to work since I got it cheap with a busted mount. So the 240 is actually on a 170 arm/mount. I plan on eventually fixing the broken mount I have and putting the extra 170lens on that as my backup/dust light, either that or make some kind of "cop mounted" spotlight.
    My signature

Well it looks like I one of my ballasts quit working. I crosstested all the wiring, bulbs, ballasts, and it is definately the one ballast that isn't working. It will be interesting to see how it goes with dealing with ebay seller autoluminate. Didn't even last 2 months . Looks like I should have gone with xenondepot.

I ran them for about an hour in a snowstorm and everything was fine. I shut them down not long after this pic and then later that night I went to turn them on so I could aim them better and the passenger side wasn't working. It shouldn't have anything to do with the snow, as the ballast has gotten much wetter driving in the rain and stream crossings.

My signature

Any update on your busted ballast?

I had an idea that if you cant get yours replaced that you might want to look around for an OEM denso or hella unit and just wire it up to the ebay bulbs.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

I did hear back from the guy and so far it seems like it is going to be easy to replace. I should be sending it out today. I'll let everyone know how it goes. It is definately the ballast as I have crosstested everything and it is only that one ballast that fails.

Good idea about the ballast, I haven't looked real hard for them but sometimes a single ballast appears to cost almost as much the whole kits. Have you found a source for ballasts?
    My signature

Update: I got a new ballast from the ebay seller and installed it and it seems to be working fine now (haven't had much time to use them). I still need to send the busted ballast to the seller as I chose the express warranty option and spent $16 (refunded when he receives my busted ballast) to get a new ballast shipped out to me right away. I paid on a Sat. and received the new ballast on Wed., so no complaints so far about using my warranty.

Now, to get a 50watt kit for my LF240!
    My signature

Well, I was thinking my next project was going to involve some high power leds, but I ended up picking these up. So.... the next project looks like it will involve a couple 55W HID kits.

They are three LF 140's that were in an accident. Two are just the body/mounts and one has the reflector/spot filter. Plan will be to get two 55w HID kits and retro these three and the center 240 that is on the 4runner already. And I'll be looking at putting 240 reflectors on these. Not sure where they will get mounted yet.

Anyone have some 240 reflectors laying around that they want to get rid of?
    My signature

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456