Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing page style?

Changing page style?

Maybe I'm out to lunch, but is there a way to change the look of the page the way you could down at the bottom like on other boards?
    Like some sort of pulldown menu or something similar?

I ask because the red on dark gray is a bit hard to read vs just good old black/white.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Re: Changing page style?

This site is quite a bit more complex on the back end than a simple vB forum. While it would not be impossible to add a feature such as this, it would be a ton of work.

The colors were chosen as a differentiator from other forums (ie blue=yt, green-pirate). We've already made some alterations to the background colors that vastly improved the contrast with the red vs dark grey. After the last alteration we were calling it good.

My monitor is nice and bright, so I don't perceive a problem with the colors as they are currently.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Ok, just curious....that solves that.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I'm not ruling it out as a future possibility at all, but just wanted you to know how we got to where we are. But one thing is for sure, we don't want to be known as Yotatech II or anything like that...
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    I ask because the red on dark gray is a bit hard to read vs just good old black/white.
    times a billion. no need for white/black, but right now it's not instantly readable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby

My monitor is nice and bright, so I don't perceive a problem with the colors as they are currently.
    not everyone will be on a nice bright screen.

cebby, you can add in more themes then allow members to select their own.

i personally shyed away from it because its hard to control what looks good and where.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

i didn't like the red at first, but to be honest, it's really grown on me and now i really do dig it.
    -andy

Quote Originally Posted by lee

i personally shyed away from it because its hard to control what looks good and where.
    I know that I can... I don't wanna. I have double the work since the SMF and Joomla use some different files - 2 sets of CSS, 2 sets of images, blah, blah, blah.

I'll play with the colors a little more as time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Quote Originally Posted by lee

I know that I can... I don't wanna. I have double the work since the SMF and Joomla use some different files - 2 sets of CSS, 2 sets of images, blah, blah, blah.

I'll play with the colors a little more as time allows.
    cool

youre doin great man.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I found it helped alot to bump up the font to max size in the upper right corner. The small font and the dark colors were just very hard to read, esp on my laptop which doesn't have the brightest of screens.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast