Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changing page style?

Re: Changing page style?

gents,

great feedback---some of this has already been discussed in staff/mod land, esp the color/text contrast.

my only suggestion guys, is that we let the current scheme run its course. i know alot of you are used to the old style and color scheme we created over there, but give this some time. and if the vast majority of the members and staff want a change, then we'll address it then and make an evolutionary (small) change vs a revolutionary change (change in layout)

thanks!
    bob

...finally figured out how to increase the font
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Sorry..I'm just stupid! I searched to get this thread but still don't get it. The text is tiny and even when I increase to the max of the three sizes its still too small imo.

Am I missing how to get it any bigger? It all looks like 8pt. to me. The signature line is much better but seems to me it should be around the other way - the sig line should be small font and the main text (actual post) should be larger.

Sorry!
    Mark<br />04 4Runner SE, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 35&quot; BFG&#39;s, ARB lockers frnt and rear, 4.56 Gears, SW Sliders &amp; Bullbar, Smittybilt 10000lb winch, custom susp, 1.5&quot; 4Crawler BL, Kurt Trailing Arms, Cobra 75WXST CB radio, 4ft Firestick, Yaesu FT-7800 2m/70cm Ham Radio, Sat. Radio.

What resolution is your monitor? We are running the following px sizes for fonts:

small - 10px
    default - 11px
    largest - 13px

FYI if you are running Firefox (which eats IE's lunch), you can press "ctrl +" to increase the fonts (or "ctrl -" to reduce)
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

or CTRL + (move mouse scroll wheel up and down)

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    Thanks - I didn't know that trick!!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    What resolution is your monitor? We are running the following px sizes for fonts:

small - 10px
    default - 11px
    largest - 13px

FYI if you are running Firefox (which eats IE's lunch), you can press "ctrl +" to increase the fonts (or "ctrl -" to reduce)

1280x1040 which works fine for all other forums. And not using FF - just plain olde Windows.
    Mark<br />04 4Runner SE, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 35&quot; BFG&#39;s, ARB lockers frnt and rear, 4.56 Gears, SW Sliders &amp; Bullbar, Smittybilt 10000lb winch, custom susp, 1.5&quot; 4Crawler BL, Kurt Trailing Arms, Cobra 75WXST CB radio, 4ft Firestick, Yaesu FT-7800 2m/70cm Ham Radio, Sat. Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    oh man, chuck: that trick rocks! im actually liking this site more now

OK, since no one was likely using the smallest font size, I've slid the settings over. Clear your cache (NOT cookies) for the settings to take effect.

Small = 11px
    Default = 13px
    Large = 14px

BTW, that ctrl + trick and Chuck's scroll wheel w/ctrl pressed works in IE 7 also.

OK big font and fluid screen size helped, but it's still a tough combo and here is one more vote for something else. I'd also like to point out that red/black color blindness is the most common and 80% of color blindness occurs in men. With apologies in advance to the ladies of UY, we can probably all agree that the vast majority of your audience is going to be men. Just something for you guys to chew on. I also think it's funny how many offroad vendor sites are red on black or vice versa.
    Less is more

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast