Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seafoam Injector and Intake Cleaner - GOOD STUFF!

Re: Seafoam Injector and Intake Cleaner - GOOD STUFF!

Did the Seafoam treatment a couple of days ago, and WOW what a difference. I used a turkey baster and let the vacuum suck the stuff (1/3 bottle) in with plenty of air behind it, then put the rest in the gas tank. Smoked like a barfly during happy hour! neighbors got worried that my runner was going up in flames. Anyway, I am currently tracking my mileage since the treatment, good results so far.

regards,

BWJ
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

I have gone out and picked up some Seafoam for my truck. I'm in the process of trying to bring the 'ol girl back to 100% or as close as I can w/out upgrading to a newer engine. I'm doing some basic tune-ups and this is going to be added to the mix.

thanks again for another great post with some awsome information
    &#039;91 Pickup ExtraCab V6 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by bigwapitijohnny
    Did the Seafoam treatment a couple of days ago, and WOW what a difference. I used a turkey baster and let the vacuum suck the stuff (1/3 bottle) in with plenty of air behind it, then put the rest in the gas tank. Smoked like a barfly during happy hour! neighbors got worried that my runner was going up in flames. Anyway, I am currently tracking my mileage since the treatment, good results so far.

regards,

BWJ
    BWJ, great idea with the turkey baster. I think if you took the bulb off the top and just inserted the bottom of the turkey baster into the PCV vacuum tube that you could basically use it like a funnel (the opening at the bottom might still be too big to just pour the can in there so you'd probably still need to meter the amount you pour at once). I might have to try that next time and see how it works.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

i used a small kitchen funnel that is now garage only.

i plan on doing this to the 4runner on sunday, i will let you know how it turns out!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    They also carry Seafoam at Carquest too up here. I found it for $8. 99 over there.

*Edit* Jerks over at Carquest raised their price, now it's $10.99 so NAPA is cheaper!
    I wish!!! Just paid $29 for 2 cans at my local NAPA!!
    &#039;97 4Runner Limited w/E-locker<br />&#039;99 Coils w/TrekMasters<br />265/75R16 BFG AT&#039;s<br /><br />My Profile

Ouch!
    Cupholder Mod

so what does it do if you add it to your oil ?
    My Truck 98 4runner 4x4 SR5 3.4L 5spd E-Locker <br />Mom 07 Tundra d-cab limited 5.7L 4x4 auto fully loaded<br />mom&#39;s 92 pickup SR5 3.0L 5spd 4x4 <br />Papa 89 Pickup SR5 X-cab 4x4 3.0L 5spd/98 4runner 3.4L auto 4x4 <br />R.I.P 91 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0L 5spd Totaled 5/13/06

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTRD
    I wish!!! Just paid $29 for 2 cans at my local NAPA!!
    Holy heck man, you should be able to order it cheaper.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

They actually wanted $15/can!!! But I know the Manager and he cut em a deal. Well, sorta I guess. But still not as cheap as you guys can get it. Hope this stuff works good.
    &#039;97 4Runner Limited w/E-locker<br />&#039;99 Coils w/TrekMasters<br />265/75R16 BFG AT&#039;s<br /><br />My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTRD
    They actually wanted $15/can!!! But I know the Manager and he cut em a deal. Well, sorta I guess. But still not as cheap as you guys can get it. Hope this stuff works good.
    I thought I was way overpaying at $9.99 CDN per can.

Seafoam is great stuff, but if you're paying that much you might also see if you can find some BG44K (ebay usually has a bunch for sale). The reason whay Seafoam caught on so much was the bang for the buck but at $15 per can you're getting near prices for profession quality injection system cleaners (which is what I'd consider BG44K).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast