Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seafoam Injector and Intake Cleaner - GOOD STUFF!

Re: Seafoam Injector and Intake Cleaner - GOOD STUFF!

I have added Seafoam to the gas tank and got fair results. I just added one can and filled up the first time. I also keep topping off tank before it was through. I did it again after I noticed my MPG's going back down, and this time I just added one can 5to tank and drove it to 1/4 tank then filled up. I got back to the higher MPG's this time but I read this thread and I have dumped two cans this time and filled up I will let this tank go all the way to the low fuel light. I think 3 gal. left. Then I will try dumping into engine like your photo's show and give a foillow up report. Seafoam here is $5.99 a can. Not too bad compaired to what I have seen. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

I recently used 3 cans of GM CLEENS (about $6/can) and it did make a noticeable difference in reducing pinging. FYI, the "old" bottles of GM CLEEN are being replaced by a 2 step product which apparently, is supposed to be easier on the enviroment. This is what I was told by one GM parts dealer. The new 2 step product was almost $20.

I also ran water through the TB purge line, but just a little at a time. I plan to do another GM CLEENS treatment soon, and let it sit for about 4 hours before blowing it out. Hopefully, the pinging will be resolved with a few more treatments.

1995 4Runner, 5spd, 22R-E, stock, 125,000 miles

just picked up two cans for $11. The 16 oz. cans. I am running 87 octane in her right now and it is a full tank. Can I go ahead and put in the two cans or do I have to wait and run this tank out and fill up with high grade? Is there a significant difference?
    JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

im going to do mine this weekend.

Osiris, follow the directions on the can, i think it says one can for 8-xx gallons, so do a full strength. if you have a full tank, thats 18 gallons, that would be 2 cans. read for sure though, i might be wrong.

i wouldnt worry about the grade of gas. you might get some pinging, but i wouldnt worry, if you are, wait till the next tank.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    just picked up two cans for $11. The 16 oz. cans. I am running 87 octane in her right now and it is a full tank. Can I go ahead and put in the two cans or do I have to wait and run this tank out and fill up with high grade? Is there a significant difference?
    You can always pu the cans in at any time but the more concentrated it is the better it will clean the motor's internals. That's why I usually wait until the tank is down below halfway and then add the Seafoam and drive it until the "empty" light comes on. The higher grade of gas is not necessary either.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Just bought 3 cans of seafoam from NAPA in Vancouver, BC for $10 a can. I should have picked up a few cans in the US while I was there over the weekend. I plan to run the seafoam through my gas tank this time. The AC Delco CLEENS helped significantly with pinging. I'm sure it's the same stuff that's called GM Top End Cleaer that sells in the US.

Troy
    1995 4Runner, 5spd, 22R-E, stock, 125,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    im going to do mine this weekend.

Osiris, follow the directions on the can, i think it says one can for 8-xx gallons, so do a full strength. if you have a full tank, thats 18 gallons, that would be 2 cans. read for sure though, i might be wrong.

i wouldnt worry about the grade of gas. you might get some pinging, but i wouldnt worry, if you are, wait till the next tank.
    Pinging? I hope not. I'll dump both cans in now and pick up a third to dump straight in the intake. The tank will prob run out by this weekend or next.
    JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

Any one using the BG 44k ????
    99 SR5 4Runner<br />86 SR5 Turbo 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by swerks
    Any one using the BG 44k ????
    I have used it quite a bit in the past, it works very well too.
    Alot of garages use that as their FI cleaning service.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I've been considering doing it to my 3RZ since I have 80K on it now, but I'm afraid I might mess up my motor. I'm gonna try it in a couple of weeks, though.

I've heard more than one person say that they locked up their motor when they ran it through the brake booster line. But I think they "flooded" the motor with it to the point that it died. Then, they said it wouldn't (and never did again) start.
    &#039;98 Tacoma -- custom ISR modded 3rz -- 80K miles -- pretty stock

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast