Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Seafoam Injector and Intake Cleaner - GOOD STUFF!

Re: Seafoam Injector and Intake Cleaner - GOOD STUFF!

Quote Originally Posted by mkgarrison5
    i wish there were before and after pics of what a good treatment of seafoam can do.. that would be cool. i know it works but just how good?
    If I get my new borescope (provision PV2636-21), I'll try and hook it up to my digital camera and take pics for everyone.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

that would be cool mtl.. can you make it a sticky with whatever you find so all of us will have a chance to see? oh btw on a side note i switched to durablend 10w30 for the summer and my motor is quieter but i can tell the the throttle response is slightly lower but its smooth and when i am on the interstate and passing someone it drops into lower gear quicker. when i had m1 syn 5w30 it would take longer to drop to a lower gear.. what does that mean?
    2002 Tacoma 4x4 3.4 v6 4-Door <br />96k miles and counting!

that would be cool mtl.. can you make it a sticky with whatever you find so all of us will have a chance to see? oh btw on a side note i switched to durablend 10w30 for the summer and my motor is quieter but i can tell the the throttle response is slightly lower but its smooth and when i am on the interstate and passing someone it drops into lower gear quicker. when i had m1 syn 5w30 it would take longer to drop to a lower gear.. what does that mean?
    Could have had something to do with the vacuum pressure the motor develops but I'm not entirely sure. Since switching to the Valvoline synthetic I have noticed a dramatic difference in how the engine performs too (better passing power, fuel economy, quieter, etc). I also switched my Honda Civic over and the incessant CEL has not come on since (I think it's still a bit early to know if the two were tied together, but if so that would be very intriguing to say the least).
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

well i am not displeased with durablend. would i use it in the future? hell why not, cant hurt. after this oil is used up around 5k miles ill go to a syn (not mobil) to see what kind of difference it will make. its hard to find valv syn here, penzoil platinum is easy to find, same as syntec...... i do like the fact that i saved roughly 10$ or more on the oil change though.. around the US they are lowering the price of M1 regular syn. so we will see. i am glad you like the syn. i could tell when i switched to M1 regular syn over a year ago too. but then came the motor chatter lol

btw my idle is smoother now.. i am curious if the mobile was a little too thin or maybe its the additives or something i dunno

btw my idle is smoother now.. i am curious if the mobile was a little too thin or maybe its the additives or something i dunno
    I think Mobil 1 might be too thin in the lower viscosity ratings....I've heard others complain similarly of valve noise after switching to it. It's too expensive up here anyway so I won't bother trying it myself.

yeah its thin. almost to a 20wt spec... i wonder what valvoline syn's specs are for 5-30 and 10-30? whoops we are hijacking haha..

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    If I get my new borescope (provision PV2636-21), I'll try and hook it up to my digital camera and take pics for everyone.
    I finally got that borescope on ebay (it took a while, but I got it for about $195 shipped ) and I'll try and get the camera adapter soon so I can take pics too. I can't wait to see how well this thing works. It should allow me to see alot of stuff that would be impossible otherwise (like blocked radiators, bad water pump impellers, leaks in the timing belt area, combustion chamber deposits....the list is almost endless and that's just for automotive uses). I'll post up when I get pics.

Here's what I got:
    http://www.provision100.com/pv2_scope.html

SWEET MTL!! please post all the pics you want!! seriously..... i would love to see how the valvoline synpower looks in the motor.....

seafoam is the best ive used. i useit in my trucks,boat,tractor,lawn mower,4 wheeler,and my weedeater. i talked the advanced auto parts store into ordering some,now all there local stores in this area carry it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345