Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

Thought id let everyone know that CBI does make a bumper, not advertised on their site for the 3rd gens, but its built to order, though you dont have to have your 4runner present for them to be built.

Im getting one with a tire carrier added on

here are some pictures of his bumper

im getting mine unpainted and will make the drive up to Idaho to pick it up (why? because I love to drive)

here is the tire carrier im going for

centered tire with jerry cans on each side, perpendicular to the tire.

here is how the CBI tire carrier works on a 4th gen

I should have mine by end of feburary, and at least I got a time and date on it unlike some with their Sworks bumper.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

That rear bumper looks real nice.

So it can built w/o the vehicle present? I thought the reason so many rear bumpers had to be custom built was b/c each vehicle is just different enough to make a difference. How do these guys solve that issue? Does the bumper not offer as tight of a fit as say a custom one might? Sure is a plus though that they don't need the vehicle!
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Slide
    That rear bumper looks real nice.

So it can built w/o the vehicle present? I thought the reason so many rear bumpers had to be custom built was b/c each vehicle is just different enough to make a difference. How do these guys solve that issue? Does the bumper not offer as tight of a fit as say a custom one might? Sure is a plus though that they don't need the vehicle!
    vehicle in that picture wasnt present for the build either, looks good enough to me.
    it doesnt need to fit tight, too tight and the frame flexing could cause major problems for the rear quarters.

he uses a 4runner there at the shop though to build it.

Out of curiosity, How much?
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Quote Originally Posted by xonetruthcrewx
    Out of curiosity, How much?
    800 unpainted for mine with tire carrier.
    550 unpainted for one without.

but take these prices with a grain of salt, i dont know if he will charge more or not if he gets a lot of customers.

I hope it works out for you. Rockware used Darren Kilgore's 2002 4Runner as the template to make both our bumpers with tire carrier. Darren's turned out great while mine was off enough for the bumper to cause some minor body damage when the truck flexed or hit a hard bump. I was amazed there was that much difference between vehicles one year apart.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

other then whether it fits right or not. i love the tire carrier but don't like the tow hitch being under the bumper still instead of in it.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Quote Originally Posted by randver
    other then whether it fits right or not. i love the tire carrier but don't like the tow hitch being under the bumper still instead of in it.
    mine will be integrated, i pointed that out as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    I hope it works out for you. Rockware used Darren Kilgore's 2002 4Runner as the template to make both our bumpers with tire carrier. Darren's turned out great while mine was off enough for the bumper to cause some minor body damage when the truck flexed or hit a hard bump. I was amazed there was that much difference between vehicles one year apart.
    yeah i heard about that, Im going to pull the tire winch and crossmember out from underneath and add some tubing underneath for more strength.

Ric accidently hit a rock coming down on his armorology bumper and it flexed enough to put a huge dent in his left quarter, but he has the entire rear crossmember out for the tire winch thing.

Hopefully I can add enough to keep it from flexing either frame rail independently.

the 4runner Steve has is actually an 01 sport like mine at CBI. makes me feel better. I told him i want about .5 to .75" of a gap and hes gonna do that.

looks just like bruce's design and pricing is not that bad.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast