Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

Re: CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

Lance,
    I hear what your saying for sure, and for those of us that actually use or should I say abuse our rigs, weight in the wrong places can have catastrophic results at best.
    In the back of my 4runner I have a pit box (tools, parts & fluids) and various things that I don't want out in the elements all strapped down no higher then the top of seats. Cooler is on floor behind driver seat, easy access for co-dog to get to.
    Extras that need a home are:
    My spare - currently in oem location underneath
    Race truck spare? - on top or on a bumper
    Fuel? - I hate how small the runners tank is plus I need to carry extra fuel for the race truck. I've carried it inside, but I usually end up sleepy with a cab smelling like fuel at best or a mess at worse.
    Any suggestions?
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Hey steve,

lets start a separate thread on this discussion. it's a real good one that deserves one of it's own.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    Hey steve,
    lets start a separate thread on this discussion. it's a real good one that deserves one of it's own.
    Lance,
    Sure thing! But first I want Bruce to chime in on the bumper in this discussion (CBI).
    Could this bumper be made to perform up to real wheeling world standards or would a guy be better off to start with a different venders bumper? (this questions is open for discussion not just for Bruce)

Location of schtuff discussion please go here: http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=4972.0
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Check it out: CBI take's note and builds a new/improved bumper for the Gen 3 4runner. http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...c=8211.new#new

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Blake, you do realize that you are more than welcome to come back.

Unlike some other places!

sweet, thankx awesome, and yes, we all get a little silly from time to time...

Everyone gets a little kooky every once in awhile. This thread now has a ton of good tech in it and it wouldn't take much to redeem yourself.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept

It looks a little open from my point of view. Why you didn't made a full coverage bumper (same idea as 4th Gen)?
    Alex<br /><br />2005 4Runner V6 Limited<br />Custom LT 5.5&quot;, 35&quot;, 4.56, ARB locker<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel<br />Warn 9.5xp, Custom Roof Rack, Hella HIDs<br /><br />2001 4Runner V6 Limited<br />3.5&quot; lift, 33&quot;<br />Hella 4000s<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel - coming<br /><br />2009 AE Expedition Trailer<br />35&quot;

Alex you mean down to the frame rails? I really let Steve design it the way he was wanting to, so really i didnt know how it was coming, he just hinted along the process how it may turn out.

not a damnnn thing has happened to my frame since i put it on, and btw frame is still not plated. and its been nearly a year and half since its been on. and i have done several trails with it.

FUNNY NOTE:!!!! ferrari backed into it today, and 430 f1 with black wheels dragged its damn bumper out of the parking lot as soon as i saw it, i almost busted my chops on the ground it was so damn funny.

so far the bumper has taken 5 hits from random cars, ive backed into fences just to clear other crap, its stout. the crossmember holding both frame ends together is what i think keeps it from flexing to much, it flexs some though,
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617