Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

Re: CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

plate the rails on the outside? I cant remember who makes rear plates for our trucks. or i guess i could have some cut with holes drilled out.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

dangit ballistic used to make frame plates for the 4runner and tacoma.

guess not anymore

ok demello does

http://www.demello-offroad.com//cata...819910236dafa9

but they are made for a tacoma, im sure i could get them to fit with some grinding, i think our frames are really similar, shouldnt really matter much

You'll need to fabricate your own, Taco's are totally different. I plan to eventually make a set for mine, but oversized to fill in the gap from the body lift..
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    You'll need to fabricate your own, Taoc's are totally different. I plan to eventually make a set for mine, but oversized to fill in the gap from the body lift..
    shouldnt be too hard, just make a template, get a metal cutter, drill holes and then weld on?

welding part i couldnt do but the rest i can, ive done some steel cutting for my uncle before. damnit i need to learn how to weld.

Any idea if they are willing to tweak this bumper? Meaning, would they add cutouts for bumper lights or say a small mounting point for a firestick antenna if you wanted them added?

Curious to know if they will make small modifications to it (like mentioned above) or large ones for that matter? I'm sure it's due to tire clearance, but I would like to see the sides of this bumper more in line with the fender flares. Similar to the Rock Ware rear bumper on Darren's 4Runner. The flare and bumper seem more in line on his while not sacrificing clearance.

Oh and here's pictures of Darren's: http://www.mycolorado.org/images/rockware/index.htm

2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Mr. Concept,

Do you think they'd be interested in a group buy?

Bob

I think i may be able to get something together since Toyota120 did a group buy with the 4th gen 4runners.

might want to wait for mine to get done to see how the tire carrier looks and fits.

Rock Slide, he can build it however you want it basically, thats for you to tell him when its in construction. Im sure backup lights could be added to the sides.

i'll contact steve about that group buy tomorrow if somebody hasn't by then, i had an order in for one save the tire carrier about 6 months ago but the money wasn't there. how much did you get quoted blake with the carrier? also, it should be noted that steve doesn't offer the powdercoating anymore as his old contact is no longer available (something along those lines), he could get it done, but for the price you might as well bite the bullet and get it shipped bare. as for me, i'll be getting his bumper before summer (don't know about the tire carrier just yet) and line x'ing the front and getting the arb as well to match
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    I think i may be able to get something together since Toyota120 did a group buy with the 4th gen 4runners.

might want to wait for mine to get done to see how the tire carrier looks and fits.

Rock Slide, he can build it however you want it basically, thats for you to tell him when its in construction. Im sure backup lights could be added to the sides.
    Great, that's good to know. I was not sure if it was like ordering a TJM (cannot request modifications) or if it one that you could request built a specific way.

I'll keep a watch out for how yours turns out. It's nice to know they don't require the vehicle that it's going on to be present.
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Slide
    Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept

Great, that's good to know. I was not sure if it was like ordering a TJM (cannot request modifications) or if it one that you could request built a specific way.

I'll keep a watch out for how yours turns out. It's nice to know they don't require the vehicle that it's going on to be present.
    yep pretty much, nothing like TJM, however its going to be about the same wait as a Shrockworks bumper, but I got the details up front.

I left him a message talking about a potential group buy, ill call him either friday or early next week for more details.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast