Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008

Four Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008

If you CAN make it could you please go to the official clean-up website and click the RSVP buttons on the right side of the page below. It will really help me!

http://fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!
    Tim Huber

Hello everyone! I wanted to invite the Ultimate Yota crew to a little clean up I'm doing on the 9th of February.

Why? I went up and over Four Peaks Rd on Sunday. It was beautiful, but I was amazed at how much trash has accumulated on the lower part of the trail. I've decided to head out there next month to do as much as I can. I would love to have as much help as I possibly can. Thank you for reading this,

Tim, SOAZ.

Where: Beeline Highway and Four Peaks Rd. (AKA NF-143)

Just North East of Phoenix, AZ

Directions from Phoenix: Take the 101 to Shea and turn East. Take this to the Beeline(AKA Highway-87). Turn North on the Beeline (87). Take this 15 miles. The turn is just before mile marker 204. Turn Right on Four Peaks Rd (NF-143) (east). Take the dirt road less than a mile to the restrooms and parking area.

When: February 9th. 9am-3pm. (Come by to fill 1 bag or 20 whatever you have time for. Feel free to show up anytime between 9am-3pm and leave when you need to.)

What to bring: A desire to leave it a little better than you found it. Trash bags will be provided!

Recommended Items: Gloves, long pants, sun block, a hat, water, snacks.

For more info please contact: Tim Huber (SOAZ)Or

http://fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/

Thanks to: Racer Offroad (www.RacerOffroad.com) for $150 worth of gift certificates that will be given away!!!

Thanks to Total Chaos for some DVD give-aways!

[Edit - Good Times - Added to Calendar]
    THank you Icon Vehicle Dynamics for supporting the clean up effort! www.iconvehicledynamics.com

Re: Four Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008

Glad to hear about the cleanup. I lived in Mesa for 3 years from 93 to 97, and camped up there quite a few times.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

That area is great. Lots to see. Hopefully it won't be as hard to see it with the trash gone.

This is a great deal Tim! Glad to see you pulling this together!!
    I hope you have a great turn out, and wish i could be there to help, but I am halfway across the country.
    You should see if you can get a towing company to "sponsor" the cleanup, and tow that FJ out of there.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

04 Rocko Taco,
    Thanks! I hope so. We may have a Toyota dealer bringing a flat bed up to help out!! (the sheriff needs to sign off on the FJ first because it may be a crime scene)

Thanks to Elvota for the map!

I headed up there to do a little scouting for the clean up. Here are some pics!

A couple of updates!

www.goodgun.org has donated some money to the cause as a giveaway! As well as some members coming to help. I'm excited to see responsible shooters step up.

Oakley has given some sun glasses to give away.

The Tacoma Territory, Xterra Owners Club , Copper state cruisers, and Virtual Jeep Club have stepped up to make it an official run of theirs!

The Copper State Cruisers have stepped up with a giant grill that can cook 80 burgers at a time! YIKES thats a lot of cow. mmmm!

Some folks are bringing a rake if they can. Its not a neccessity, but it will help with the shells and glass being picked up!

The Forest Service is going to bring a couple of Roll Off Dumpsters too!

Tim

REI will be donating some Clif bars for the volunteers! www.rei.com

Total Chaos has hooked up some great DVD's for the give-away! Thanks Nicole and the rest of the folks at TCF! www.chaosfab.com

I hope you guys don't mind me posting the logo's. I want to give credit and thanks to the companies helping out.

I wanted to thank Border Construction Specialties for stepping up big with the giant grill. Brandon, the president of Copper State Cruisers has gotten burgers and the use of this trailer sized grill donated for the clean-up! Thank YOU!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast