Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008

Re: Four Peaks Pickup, AZ. Feb 9th 2008

If you CAN make it could you please go to the official clean-up website and click the RSVP buttons on the right side of the page below. It will really help me!

http://fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!
    Tim Huber

If anyone wants to forward a copy of the flier to a friend here is a link and attachment. Thanks for spreading the word!

http://fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/

Are there any local Ultimate Yota folks that are going to make it out?

I know a lot of us have an SUV, Jeep or other "non" trucks. Although piling bags of trash in the back can work, many don't want to take the risk of hurting the interior of their vehicle or just don't have the room!
    If you have a hitch mounted bike rack you may have the perfect alternative. I simply looped the bag back on itself to make sure it gets a good grip and doesn't go anywhere.
    Take a look:

Keep in mind that the bags will sway around back there and I don't recommend any highspeed or highway driving with this set up. It may just make the difference in carrying enough trash to make a difference though.

I loop my garbage bag around the wiper pivot on my 84. Mine is at the top, so it obscures the rear window, but you could hang it from your wiper also, and it wouldn't be in the way.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    I loop my garbage bag around the wiper pivot on my 84. Mine is at the top, so it obscures the rear window, but you could hang it from your wiper also, and it wouldn't be in the way.
    Good idea. I gotta get a burlap sack to take with me on runs. It'll last a heck of a lot longer.

I wish I was closer and could make it. Bump for ya.
    My signature

The Baby, Wen, and I will be at the pick up... Bump for an area that needs lots of help!
    Wil Kuhns<br />Sierra Expeditions <br /><br />The only regrets in life are the risks you didn&#039;t take.<br /><br />Mod Progress Gauge: [|||||||||-] = 90% Complete as of 03 FEB 2008. My Taco&#039;s Garage

Thanks Wil. See you out there.

Four Peaks Pickup Information:

Restrooms are located at the main Four Peaks Recreation area parking lot. (On the right just after turning onto Four Peaks Rd)

TIMELINE:

8:00 AM - Set up for clean up. Clean up area team leaders arrive.

9:00 AM - Meet at clean up headquarters and start directing volunteers to target areas with team leads directing the way.

9:00 AM to 2:30 PM Clean up. (Come or go as needed. Use team leaders or meeting site for questions, problems, suggestions.)

2:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Make final trash run to dumpsters and head back to clean up headquarters.

2:00 PM to 3:15 PM - Grab a burger or snack at headquarters while they last.

3:00 PM - Prize give-aways at headquarters and a Thank YOU to all the volunteers!

Trash bags will be located at the main clean up headquarters and with the clean up area team leaders.

Be CAREFUL! Much of the trash is glass, sharp rusted metal etc. Bring and wear gloves and eye protection.

It may be cold so bring appropriate clothing. Use sunblock!

COMMUNICATION:
    1. CB radio. AKA: Citizen Band. The clean up will be on channel 14.
    2. FRS Radio. AKA: Store bought personal radios. (walkie talkie type). The clean up will be on channel 14.
    3. 2 meter radio. AKA: Amatuer Radio. The clean up will be on channel 146.480

We'll be out at meeting spot 10 all day helping folks get out to the clean up sites, but here is a map just in case it helps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast