Thread: Camping / Shooting in Northern Indiana

Camping / Shooting in Northern Indiana

I've had a severe case of cabin fever lately, so this weekend I went camping & shooting with one of my good friends from work. His family owns a shizzle TON of farm land in North-Central Indiana. So with both of our wives are out of town, on Friday afternoon we packed up and took off...

(Me)

Ze Guns:
    • SigArms Model 556 Rifle
    • Henry "Golden Boy" .22 Lever Action Rifle
    • Old side-by-side 12 ga. double barrel (my family airlume - brand unknown)
    • Sig P226 9mm
    • Sig P220 .45
    • S&W .460 Revolver
    • H&K UPS .45 Compact

That .460 was CRAZY! Every time you pulled the trigger the shock wave would give you that tingly feeling in your head . . . like when you get hit in the nose. Very powerful, but very accurate!

I brought along my old ass side-by-side double barrel. It has double triggers, so we had the "Man Test" of loading both barrels with 00 Buck, and firing them simultaeously. My shoulder's still a little sore...

Campsite:

The Camp Dog - Cozy, warm, and napping by the fire:

One last shot just beacuse I really like how this pic came out:

~Jamie<br />2000 TRD 4WD PreRunner, 3.4L V-6, Rear Locker,<br />TRD Gen. I Supercharger, URD Fuel Kit, Hayden 679, <br />IPT Valve Body Upgrade, Deckplate Mod, Airaid MIT, <br />URD 2.2&quot; Pulley, TRDOLMAN Magnaflow Exhaust, <br />Inchworm &quot;Lefty&quot; T-Case, FROR Twin Sticks,<br />DR CoilOvers, Camburg UCA&#039;s, 32 x 11.50 STT&#039;s, <br />15x8 AR Teflon Mojave&#039;s, Demello Sliders, Demello Skid-Plate,<br />4xInnovations Front Bumper, and Tailgate / Spare Carrier<br />...and a lot of other stuff

Re: Camping / Shooting in Northern Indiana

Here's a video of Zack shooting his Monster Hand Cannon S&W .460:

~Jamie<br />2000 TRD 4WD PreRunner, 3.4L V-6, Rear Locker,<br />TRD Gen. I Supercharger, URD Fuel Kit, Hayden 679, <br />IPT Valve Body Upgrade, Deckplate Mod, Airaid MIT, <br />URD 2.2&quot; Pulley, TRDOLMAN Magnaflow Exhaust, <br />Inchworm &quot;Lefty&quot; T-Case, FROR Twin Sticks,<br />DR CoilOvers, Camburg UCA&#039;s, 32 x 11.50 STT&#039;s, <br />15x8 AR Teflon Mojave&#039;s, Demello Sliders, Demello Skid-Plate,<br />4xInnovations Front Bumper, and Tailgate / Spare Carrier<br />...and a lot of other stuff

How'd that SIG 556 shoot as compared to an AR-15?

Nice guns! Esp. the Sig 556.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    How'd that SIG 556 shoot as compared to an AR-15?
    Awesome! I actually like it a little better than an AR15 or M4. The action is a little different than an AR15 - it's almost like an H&K G3, but it shoots much smoother. It's almost recoilless.

Here's a couple of photochops I did when I was bored:

From THIS:

To THIS:

From THIS:

To THIS: