Thread: Toyota's prez talks about quality reform

Toyota's prez talks about quality reform

HERE is a link to what the President of Toyota had to say at the Detroit Auto Show.
    Condell<br /><br />1996 3.4L 4wd 4Runner SR5<br />TJM-15<br />Hella 500<br />Silverstars

Re: Toyota's prez talks about quality reform

I wonder if they'll do it retro-actively
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I know that quality is not only a problem here in the states, but it reminds me of the gung ho movie when the japanese company came to the states and their quality went south
    Condell<br /><br />1996 3.4L 4wd 4Runner SR5<br />TJM-15<br />Hella 500<br />Silverstars

Their issues are mostly related to rapid growth. I have been reading about these issues for a while. Toyota used to be able to focus heavily on just a few models. Now they are pushing back model debuts because they can't work out the bugs fast enough. They'll stabilize. They are just going through what the larger manufacturers went through when they got big.

Frank
    1985 FJ-60, 3FE, Hell Creek lift, 2009 H3 sold

Quote Originally Posted by elripster
    Their issues are mostly related to rapid growth. I have been reading about these issues for a while. Toyota used to be able to focus heavily on just a few models. Now they are pushing back model debuts because they can't work out the bugs fast enough. They'll stabilize. They are just going through what the larger manufacturers went through when they got big.

Frank
    well put!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I am an American true blue. I think part of the reason for the bad quality is that we build them here. I live 45 miles from one of the largest plants in the U.S. Your newer 4-Runner or Taco was probably built there. The bureaucracy of building anything in the U.S.is hard on any company. Try running a fabrication/production business and jump through the hoops. Everyone wants a piece of you. Look at our steel industry or lack of. The company I work for spends 25 cents of every dollar paying the man. I have talked to the president of my company, and he feels the same way (He owns a Toyota dealership, and a Subaru dealership). Look at Ford and GM quality, they stink to. Just my opinion.