Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running M/T tires on hard Ice

Re: Running M/T tires on hard Ice

X2 EWAYota
    1997 4Runner SR5 4WD / 4&quot; deck plate mod-REMOVED / 01 Tundra Wheels / Cup Holder mod / 285/75/16 Pro Comp AT / SS SYSTEM 1.1 / <br />01 Overhead Console mod

Check these things out, they have silicium carbide granules in the rubber for grip on ice and just about anyother surface. I would have gotten them if they had my size.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...elander-MT.htm

&#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

I sometimes live in a closet, but I have never heard of green diamond. They look good, the review was pretty good, but I would like to hear it from someone I know. (always a sceptic)

Ya I haven't heard of these either. I was looking at their website and it appears they are retreads. I am going to have to look into the rules on that because I thought only transport trucks could use retreads here in Ontario
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

I would not touch a re-tread, even with someone elses rig! I still want to know more. Like why a re-tread and not just a normal tire ?

I think those green diamond retreads are a good deal. They seem to have a solid construction, and I've been thinking about getting a set for my next set of tires...
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Ok! Rocko, when you get em' do a write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    Check these things out, they have silicium carbide granules in the rubber for grip on ice and just about anyother surface. I would have gotten them if they had my size.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...elander-MT.htm

Those look just like my Geolander M/T's.
    94/2.4/5spd/261/331250GeolanderMT

They are recaps!!!...NO WAY!...I rather spend the extra $ and not worry about de-lamination.

There are lots of decent new winter/ice tires out there in all kinds of price ranges.

-B

I know they did base their tread design after the geolander. By the way EWAYota, how do you like the geolanders. I'm installing a new set today.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast