Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Climbing - Rock Canyon (Provo UT)

Re: Rock Climbing - Rock Canyon (Provo UT)

A little update (I guess?): After a bunch of researching, I ended up buying my first pair of climbing shoes today. They're Evolv Pontas and I like them so far. I haven't got to climb in them yet, but I'm planning on going to the local gym tonight with some friends to test them out. Just gotta get used to the whole uncomfortable feeling haha. Does anyone else have any experience with them? They seem pretty good for how I'll be using them so far.

-Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

Evolv, never heard of em. I still have my 5 10s that I used mostly for featureless rocks and my sportiva for cracks. Although I don't climb anymore, I kept the shoes and chalk bag for bouldering. Let me know how they perform.

Evolv is sort of the up and coming brand. Apparently a lot of the pros are switching over to them, I guess because they make some quality shoes. I ended up switching them out however, I took them back and went with some Red Chili Corona VCRs. They fit my feet a lot better and I ended up climbing in them last night and I loved them.

Cool pics. Its always neat to see other wheelers out enjoying this stuff.

Yea real shoes make a world of a difference when climbing. Tennies just don't stick worth a darn and you cant feel the surface countors through the soul.
    I remember looking at evolv shoes when i was looking for my first pair. Now I have a pair of La Sportiva's, man I love those shoes.

Here's great gear supplier for climbing stuff. Its a small outfit in Utah but they always seem to have the best prices ever. They also always have sales and blow outs.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Great shots!!!

I did some Ice climbing last year up Provo Canyon....My wife doesn't like the idea.....

Great fun!!!

Cheers!!!<br /><br />~Nic~<br /><br />Sierra Expeditions<br />www.sierraexpeditions.com<br />1-866-507-4254<br /><br />Slightly Modified 2001 Dbl Cab Tacoma<br />Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer

All you climbers have my utmost respect. Not only am I a chicken when it comes to heights, but I'm also a chicken when it comes to heights. That ice climbing looks SICK!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Willman
    Great shots!!!

I did some Ice climbing last year up Provo Canyon....My wife doesn't like the idea.....

Great fun!!!

Dang that looks sweet! My boss kept telling me to go up in Provo canyon and see all the ice climbers but I never got around to it. This whole climbing thing is kind of becoming an obsession with me and my roommates, we've gone atleast once a week for the past two months haha. I just can't wait until it gets slightly warmer so we can go back up into rock canyon, it's going to be so much more fun with the shoes and new gear I have now.

I put these in another thread, but here are some of the pics from my trip to BlackRocks in st. george...

I don't know if you can tell in that picture, but my friend had actually pulled out that piece of falling rock. I was climbing just before him and stepped on some rock that crumbled out from below. We decided to pull it all out with everyone looking out rather than have some unsuspecting person find out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    All you climbers have my utmost respect. Not only am I a chicken when it comes to heights, but I'm also a chicken when it comes to heights. That ice climbing looks SICK!
    Dude I feel ya. We only do top-roping for now (we all just started climbing in the last few months except for one) so setting it up at the top is horrible! I'm afraid of heights but it pretty much goes away when you're in the harness and know someones got ya. You should try it, it's a blast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12