Thread: New Line of TRD Oil Filters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Line of TRD Oil Filters

Just got the new line of trd oil filters, look a bit diff from the old style.
    heres a quick detail of them

This small part of the vehicle's lubrication system plays a vital role in protecting the engine from premature wear-particularly in a high performance engine. TRD High Performance Oil Filters incorparate stae of the art design and materials offering superior protection.
    Both the spin on and element filters use 3 plies of 100% synthetic glass/polyester blend filtration media thats 98% efficient at 20 microns-thats smaller than pollen!!

im going to be doing my oil change this weekend on my celica and im going to use one of these and test it out....im currently using the red jdm trd oil filter which got me about 2 oil changes out of it, so well see what the diff is, but it definately looks interesting enough for me to try it out
    good thing is they added the new element type of oil filters to the line-up
    this will be going for $12.95
    let me know what you guys think
    Thanks
    Rafa
    Rafa<br />NTP Northridge Toyota<br />19950 Nordhoff st<br />Northridge Ca 91324<br />email @ Rafam@northridgetoyota.com<br />818 532-3653

Re: New Line of TRD Oil Filters

Pics? Are they any larger than the regular ones?
    [glow=blue,2,300]2002 4WD TOYOTA TACOMA &quot;TURTLE TACO&quot;[/glow]&nbsp; &lt;All the goods listed here&gt;

no pics yet, i just received the first ones today, but they are the same size as the stock ones
    not oversized.

i will try and get some pics up soon.

Rafa
    Rafa<br />NTP Northridge Toyota<br />19950 Nordhoff st<br />Northridge Ca 91324<br />email @ Rafam@northridgetoyota.com<br />818 532-3653

Quote Originally Posted by RAFA@NTP

im going to be doing my oil change this weekend on my celica and im going to use one of these and test it out....im currently using the red jdm trd oil filter which got me about 2 oil changes out of it, so well see what the diff is, but it definately looks interesting enough for me to try it out

Are you running synthetic oil and getting two oil changes out of your filters? Do you have to flush your filter out or anything? I'll be watching this, I have an oil change coming up soon. I just switched to synthetic, so I think I need to at least change my filter at 3,000miles this first time I'll probably just do a full change.
    My signature

yeah, i run synthetic in my oil changes....and i just give it a quick flush out with whats left of half a quart of my oil, and have had no issues ...oil comes out clean

Any updates on the new filter? Going to be doing an oil change on the 4runner soon.
    My signature