Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vermejo's Offroad Log

Re: Vermejo's Offroad Log

Quote Originally Posted by Vermejo
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Amazing stuff. Were those wolves?
    Nah, those were just some wandering Shepherds although the Mexican Grey Wolf was re-released in the NM Gila a decade ago. These dogs have the life!
    gotcha

Looking through your trip reports really makes me regret selling my 4Runner. You definitely go to some cool ass places with great scenery. I am a bit jealous.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Old Chinaman’s Gulch - August 30, 2008

Many thanks to Steve of Rising Sun with his FJ-62 for leading us on Chinaman’s this past weekend. We powered through the loop in about two hours including lunch thanks to Steve’s impressive pace and skill. We only encountered a lone cyclist and one buggy the entire run. The anticipation I had for Whale Rock was met with an equal challenge as pictures don’t describe the “pucker” a driver feels. A quick preview of Carnage by foot provided a few laughs as to the capability of our vehicles and our willingness to destroy them. We passed.

Afterwards Steve showed us up the way via dirt while winding along the Arkansas to Leadville and little Mexican bar and grill. Watching the clouds roll off Mount Massive and Elbert at sunset was quite the backdrop for combo plates, beverages and conversation.

Enjoy

1998 LTD|DoubleLocked|Yukon 4:88|SMP Bumpers &amp; Armor|315 BFG KM2|Sonoran Steel|BudBuilt|Warn Recovery &amp; Hubs<br />NewMexicoBackroads.blogspot.com

vermejo,

excellent pics, love the truck. one of my favorites---built just right

i wonder how big the spider was that built that web? did you find it?

bob

Is this on Chinaman or Carnage? If it was on Chinaman, one has to ask...Did you winch?

dude i want chips and sauce now lol
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by strykersd
    Is this on Chinaman or Carnage? If it was on Chinaman, one has to ask...Did you winch?
    That is the exit to Carnage.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Colorado - Labor Day Weekend

-Gunnison - Crested Butte - Schofield Pass/Devil’s Punchbowl - Salida - Buena Vista - Chinaman’s Gulch - Leadville - Cottonwood Pass-

1998 LTD|DoubleLocked|Yukon 4:88|SMP Bumpers &amp; Armor|315 BFG KM2|Sonoran Steel|BudBuilt|Warn Recovery &amp; Hubs<br />NewMexicoBackroads.blogspot.com

November in Southern New Mexico – Dona Ana County

Sierra De Las Uvas – Robledo Mountains – Corralitos Ranch – Choases Canyon – Broad Canyon – Faulkner - Rough and Ready Hills – Magdalena Peak

While the truck carried us to the foot hills and canyons the real exploration was by foot. November in Southern New Mexico is the "golden season".

Chile Canyons 1-3-09

Saturday we met up with fellow Las Cruces 4WD Club members to run in the Chile Canyons. My sister’s boyfriend Phil from the UK tagged along for the ride. The trail leader decided on Patzcuarro’s Revenge/Rocatillo Rapids, Extreme rated trails, to my discontent. I managed a couple hundred yards before flatting. Following a quick change I managed a bit further before realizing I was over my head. After I watching the other trucks crawl through the boulder chutes pivoting with full body contact, I called it quits. A bit embarrassed I broke from the group and crept out of the canyon. We retired the rest of the day to running the foothills; nice and easy.

Trail Info: http://lascrucesfourwheeldriveclub.c...d=33&Itemid=47

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast