Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vermejo's Offroad Log

Dona Ana Mountains Run

Saturday the LC4WD Club met to pre-run trails that will be part of our annual Chile Challenge event. Departing as two groups; hard and extreme- I found myself with 3 Rubicons when the dust cleared. All “jeep grunting” aside, I’ve known most of these guys for years and enjoy the company. The Dona Ana Mountains are our sick little version of Moab. Many of the slopes are solid rock but feature a dusting of shale to the likings of crusher-fine. The climbs and descents place drivers in precarious off-camber situations that would allow a roll to continue for a quarter mile in many areas. Not so difficult are the obstacles than the loose traction and consequences for error.

1998 LTD|DoubleLocked|Yukon 4:88|SMP Bumpers &amp; Armor|315 BFG KM2|Sonoran Steel|BudBuilt|Warn Recovery &amp; Hubs<br />NewMexicoBackroads.blogspot.com

Chile Challenge February 18-21, 2009

1998 LTD|DoubleLocked|Yukon 4:88|SMP Bumpers &amp; Armor|315 BFG KM2|Sonoran Steel|BudBuilt|Warn Recovery &amp; Hubs<br />NewMexicoBackroads.blogspot.com

Cruise Moab 2009

Trails
    Hell’s Revenge
    Golden Spike
    Behind the Rocks
    Poison Spider Mesa

Many more photos at http://newmexicobackroads.blogspot.com/

Re: Vermejo's Offroad Log

damn! great pictures! i like the arch one and the one where your going up the steep rock crease waving your front passenger paw

Good to see that 4runner is still in action. That orange buggy that is near vetical is sick.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

finally some new pics, everytime i think about chopping my ifs i see your truck and think maybe i should wait.
    trd supercharger rear elocker 4.30 gears

Gila Summer

This past weekend I traveled into the Gila with Jones, my GSD. Over the past few months, using 50 year old FS Maps and Google Earth, I patched a long route from Mogollion to Reserve. The route covered over 200 miles of OPEN roads that traversed everything from fern carpeted forest to high desert plains. I’m always amazed at what I still have to discover here.

The Gila provides thousands of miles of road by way of rugged and remote terrain. As help or assistance is rare in these parts, it’s advised to go well prepared. I drove over 200 miles without seeing anything but wildlife.

Abandoned FS Fire Lookout - Gila

Feather Hills - Gila

San Francisco River Valley & Northern A.L. Wilderness

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234