Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gabe's 90 4runner

Gabe I love the look of your truck. I have the same basket but not full length. Unfortunately being from Canada the salt used on the roads in winter really takes a toll on the body. If you find a 4Runner without the rear end rusted out your super lucky. I have a question for you. What are the dimensions of your wheels? I always thought to get that deep dish look you needed to use a 12.5" wide tire which I do not want to do. Currently running 31x10.5x15s but want to upgrade to a set of 285 75 16s and a rim style just like yours. Cheers

CalgarySteve,

Thanks for the compliment. My wheels are 15" x 8.5". I think they have a backspacing of 3.75". My tires are 32" x 11.5" X 15". Hope that helps.

Gabe
    1990 v6 4runner
    Engine: Chevy 4.3 Vortec/Edelbrock Performer Intake & Carburetor
    Front: Trail Gear 3in. Lift Leafs / Bilstein Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Rear: Chevy 63in. Leafs / 3in. blocks / OME Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Tires: 35 x 12.50 x 15

Looks good, Gabe. These pictures make me miss my 2nd gen. I always liked the '90 and '91 front end the best.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

In April of 2015, I hydrolocked the engine. I got it running again, but never quite the same. I decided to overhaul the engine. Before I carried that plan out, I decided I would do a Chevy 4.3 swap. I used my tax return in 2016 and bought all the necessary kits for the conversion. I should mention, the 4.3 swap requires more clearance and so I decided I would do a SAS kit in the front. I also decided that if was going to do a SAS in the front then I should just go ahead and put the Chevy leaf spring swap in the rear. After I bought the parts I found a donor 95 blazer and pulled the engine. I also pulled my old 3.0 and then cut all the old suspension components. At this point, the truck sat for about two years until this summer. I started working again and it is now completed. So here’s some picks of the finished product. ����

Last edited by gabe; 09-28-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    1990 v6 4runner

Looks Awesome!
    Awesome to see progress being made and runner saved!

Looks great! I don't see much 1st and 2nd gen 4Runners lately. Thanks for keeping the ol' girl alive!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks guys!
    1990 v6 4runner

Here are some pics of the engine and a recent outing.

1990 v6 4runner

It?s been a couple years, and I may be the only person using ultimateyota at this point, but I like to post these updates to keep a record of the progress made on the truck. I had front and rear arb lockers installed by a local shop. Also, installed a custom steel front bumper and badlands 12,000 lb winch with synthetic rope. Also, set up a separate starting battery with automatic isolator. And had the motor mounts altered so I could remove the 2? body lift. And installed an aftermarket rear sway bar.

Then I got in a wreck. Didn?t look like much for me, but I drove over the hood of the other guys car. Ended up with a popped tire and a bent front axle housing.

So, my insurance ended up paying for a new trail gear rock assault housing. Although, at first, they tried to total the truck and give me $4,000 instead. But, It all ended up working out in the end.

Last edited by gabe; 01-17-2022 at 12:52 AM.
    1990 v6 4runner

Once again, she's saved from the crusher.

The bumper and lower height make it look much more tail ready. Do you notice a difference in the ride with the body lift removed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast